Company & Team overview
AlixPartners is a leading global business advisory firm of results-oriented professionals who specialise in creating value and restoring performance at every stage of the business life cycle. We thrive on our ability to make a difference in high-impact situations and deliver sustainable, bottom-line results.
IT Transformation consultants sit within the overarching Digital team to provide independent, senior-level expertise that enables executives to drive value from Technology and as a result to improve business performance.
The Associate, IT Transformation will join a team of experienced professionals who have previously held senior Technology roles in large corporates.
The depth of our colleagues’ experience enables us to exert a rapid and sustainable impact across the following areas:
- Digital and Technology strategy development, operating model, capability and governance design
- Product strategy and innovation, assisting our clients with the strategy and execution of increasing the digital capability of their products and services
- IT cost reduction, IT outsourcing and end to end IT Transformation
- IT platform/systems/infrastructure review, replatforming, rationalization and consolidation activities
- IT due diligence, carve-out, and merger integration planning and execution
- IT crisis management, interim IT leadership roles, and project turnaround
Associates support our small teams of Directors and VP’s in delivering projects. They work collaboratively with the leadership to deliver analysis, reports and various other elements of client engagements. They will typically work on a small number of projects at any given time bringing a flexible and adaptable approach.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities
- Provide support on projects of all sizes, from inception through to completion, with an emphasis on reconciling technical requirements and scope with available resources and technology
- Support the AlixPartners team in leading all aspects of Technology in critical situations requiring rapid improvement
- Contribute technical and consulting expertise in one or more of the following: Digital and Technology strategy, Product strategy and innovation, IT operating model, organization & governance, IT cost reduction, IT strategic sourcing, Turnaround of large scale “troubled” projects, operational due diligence, Company Separation (Carve-out) or integration (Merger) projects, IT complexity reduction, platforms/infrastructure consolidation
- Contribute to our Digital practice and thought leadership development initiatives
- Participating in the development and presentation of proposals for business development activities
Background and qualifications
- Bachelors Degree. MBA or Master’s degree preferred, but valid experience in conjunction with a Bachelor’s degree - in lieu of a graduate degree - will be considered
- A minimum of 6 years of applicable professional IT consulting or IT operations experience, ideally a mix of both
- Experience of delivering small projects and/or working across multiple work streams of larger projects
- Excellent communication and presentation capabilities with knowledge of prevalent tools, methodologies and frameworks
- IT knowledge and practical experience within Digital, Technology or IT of one or more of the following areas: IT software delivery, IT infrastructure and operations, solutions architecture, IT governance (audit, risk, compliance, security) and/or IT project management
- Robust fact gathering, analytical and quantative skills
- Experience of implementing projects in a variety of environments, using different methodologies e.g waterfall, agile, iterative development
- Ability and willingness to travel across EMEA
- Knowledge of an additional language would be advantageous
- Current citizenship; passport holder and/or work authorization in EMEA. Applicants need to have their own documents or work permits in place that enable them to travel and work across the European Union
To apply by email to this position, please send your CV and covering letter to the following link:EMEA-UK-Recruiting@alixpartners.com