Business / system analyst for fast growing consulting firm, based in Cambridge
Our client is a growing strategic consultancy focused on the telecoms industry. They support their clients to take major strategic and regulatory decisions in this fast-moving sector. Their work takes them over the world. Their clients include leading telecoms operators, media companies, governments and financial institutions from around the world.
Over recent years they have developed a range of bespoke tools and systems to assist in the consulting services we provide. For example, these include:
- bespoke ‘add-ins’ to enhance the functionality of our Excel models (typically written in C#)
- web applications, typically using ASP.NET MVC
These tools and applications have been developed to help solve a range of internal and clients’ business needs as and when they have arisen.
The role they are seeking to fill has two elements:
- Business Analyst – To be involved in their consulting projects across the globe; including researching, development of financial models, drafting of reports, and presentation of work to clients.
- Systems development – To further develop these tools/systems and create new ones to meet the evolving needs of the services that they offer.
This is a unique and exciting role that combines both commercial/strategic aspects with the challenge of continually developing new and bespoke tools/systems.
The sort of person who would enjoy and excel in this role:
- Revels in being given unique and open-ended problems to solve
- Is proactive, and would enjoy the opportunity to design, specify and build new tools as required
- Has experience in building (small-scale) end-to-end tools/applications that help solve specific problems (either within a professional or personal context)
- Enjoys problems that have both commercial and coding/systems aspects
- Has a strong interest in technology (and ideally telecoms, but this is not a prerequisite)
- Enjoys international travel.
What they offer
- A competitive salary, depending on experience
- An annual bonus scheme (targeted at 10% of salary for good performers during an on-budget year; our best performers can receive much larger bonuses)
- Other benefits such as medical insurance and cycle-to-work scheme
To apply by email to this position, please send your CV and covering letter to the following link:firstname.lastname@example.org
- A strong interest in and experience of computing systems / architecture – including databases, web applications, optimisation algorithms, cloud deployments, etc.
- A university degree in a numerate subject, including computer science (2:1 or higher in the UK, or equivalent elsewhere)
- Prior telecoms knowledge is not essential but an interest in telecoms and technology is desirable
- Fluent in English
NB: Mindbench is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy