Are you looking for an opportunity to push the boundaries of how public services are delivered? If yes, then joining Mutual Ventures could be the right move for you.
We are seeking highly professional, self-motivated individuals to join our successful and growing team. Experience of working in a consultancy environment and/or with public services is highly desirable.
Our main office is in London - but we are also actively seeking candidates who are based in the south west and in the North of England.
Consultant role: Full-Time Permanent – Salary range – £35-50k (depending on experience) plus bonus and benefits. We are particularly interested to receive applications from candidates who have experience of working in management consulting and/or in a relevant public service such as children’s services, the NHS or adult social care.
Our approach to growing the organisation is to recruit people at consultant level and then support them to develop their skills and experience and progress upwards.
About Mutual Ventures
Operating nationally, Mutual Ventures is a small socially focused consultancy with a big reputation. Mutual Ventures support public service commissioners, organisational leaders and front-line staff who are seeking to identify, develop and grow the right delivery model for their services. We also provide performance improvement services and support organisations to increase their impact. We have particular interest in new models for children’s services, the integration of health and social care and the creation of new partnerships and social enterprise organisations.
We support our clients to become public service entrepreneurs – combining a strong public service ethos with commercial discipline to create organisations that have the right systems and culture, empower staff to innovate and deliver high quality services.
We are a supportive team, where everyone’s opinion is valued and as such you will be empowered to take responsibility for your work whilst enjoying the support of the rest of the team. As with all members of our team, the successful candidate will have the opportunity to buy shares in the company and will be eligible for pension and private health benefits following a successful probation period.
Our consultants / senior consultants offer strategic advice on the best way to deliver public services to ensure sustainability but also maintain a public service ethos. Working independently or leading a team, they provide hands-on support to public service commissioners and front-line teams through the entire journey of designing and implementing alternative models of service delivery. Many of our projects also involve coaching and mentoring senior public service staff as they implement change. Our team also provide support to established social enterprises to grow through contracts and investment.
For Consultants, the successful candidate will have:
- A good degree or equivalent with at least two years’ experience either working with public services or in a management consultancy environment
- Be able to confidently interpret numerical and statistical evidence
- Have some experience in project management, business planning and financial modelling processes
- Be comfortable undertaking in-depth analysis of business issues in order to provide evidence based recommendations
- Be able to demonstrate an ability to make practical recommendations based on competent analysis of the best available evidence
- Be able to present and facilitate confidently – both with and without visual aids – in a small meeting environment
- Have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal and be able to demonstrate experience of writing objective, concise and clear reports
- Have experience of maintaining successful working relationships
- Be comfortable with travel and the possibility of overnight stays within the UK
The Application Process
Closing date for applications is 12 noon on 10th September 2017. Applications will not be accepted after this time.
Successful candidates will be invited for a first assessment in either week beginning 18th September 2017. This will consist of an analytical interview, numerical and written assessments followed by a Director-led interview. (Duration: approximately 3 hours).
A further assessment will take place approximately a week later for successful candidates, which will consist of a presentation and a final interview as well as a chance to meet and talk to a wider MV group. (Duration: approximately 2 hours).
Please apply with a covering letter (should describe your relevant experience and what interests you about this role) and to Amanda Juhasz:email@example.com reference number:TCTC-C201708