Consultant Technical Architect
Our client is one of the top 50 fastest growing technology businesses. They make technology make a difference. They design, build and optimise high performance cloud-based systems for mission critical business operations. They are a down to earth, modern thinking Technology Consulting business, with an entrepreneurial soul.
Their technology advisory service is growing strongly. Theyr'e looking for a passionate technologist to join their team. You will help their clients achieve business success with technology, by assessing technology systems, recommending innovative solutions and helping to define change management programmes.
What will you do?
Join their expanding team working across all of our businesses lines and with a range of clients in different industry sectors. This is a varied role. You will work closely with senior client stakeholders, understanding their technology estates, auditing good practice, designing systems and making improvement recommendations. On engagement to design the architecture for machine learning platform, another may include planning a cloud migration.
You will be involved at all stages of the client lifecycle, from pre-sales to delivery ensuring that all client requests are managed in an efficient way. Their technology consultants are trusted advisors to our clients and your expertise will contribute to the development of their business.
They are always looking to improve process across their teams and you will contribute to this cycle of continuous improvement. People in these roles typically travel 1-2 days per week.
What’s most important to them is your approach – they value people who are curious in outlook, interested in learning new technologies, spotting problems and solving them and enjoy working in independently or in teams and who can own a delivery from beginning to end.
They pride ourselves on providing pragmatic and down-to-earth advice. Their architects have significant experience designing and building modern digital products and who can draw on their practical experience to give clients real world, implementable solutions.
You must be comfortable engaging with client stakeholders at all levels in order to gain a good understanding of a situation to be able to provide trustworthy, insightful advice and be comfortable documenting and presenting that advice to senior stakeholders or investors.
They are looking for people with the following skills and experiences:
- Experience designing technology platforms and deep familiarity with modern development techniques;
- Exposure to multiple sectors including: e-commerce; media; big data or machine learning is a real positive;
- Familiarity with at least one of the major cloud provider’s technology stacks (Amazon, Google, Microsoft).
- Knowledge of dev/ops tool chains.
- Experience identifying key client business technology issues, determining needs by supplementing standard assessment techniques with innovative approaches, evaluating and validating analysis and developing recommendations.
- A broad understanding of technology categories and packages, including knowledge of as many of the following as possible: e-commerce; content management systems; ad-tech; workflow; databases; CRM; BI; order management; warehouse; and inventory management. In addition, you should be able to understand the components of bespoke software systems.
- Working with clients to define the scope of a project.
- Planning timescales and the resources needed.
- You’ll need to deal with clients large and small so great communication skills are essential.
- Problem solving and troubleshooting skills and most importantly the ability to exercise mature judgment.
- Flexible working – we trust people to do the right thing and don’t watch the clock
- Great career progression – as a fast-growing company there is plenty of opportunity to show what you can do.
- We value customer and technical skills for their own sake - you don’t have to go into management to get on.
- Have your voice heard – with an average of 5 people per squad, teams are big enough to be supportive but small enough for everyone to be heard.
- Personal pension
- Company Funded Medical Benefit
- Life Assurance – 4 times your salary for your beneficiaries
- Maternity, Paternity, Adoption leave
- Childcare vouchers
- 25 days’ holiday
- Cycle to work – buy a bike with us
Please send your CV to email@example.com
To apply by email to this position, please send your CV and covering letter to the following link:firstname.lastname@example.orgTCTechnical Architect
NB: Mindbench is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy