Are you looking for an opportunity to work at the cutting edge of public service reform? If yes, then joining Mutual Ventures could be the right move for you.
We are seeking highly-professional, self-motivated and ambitious individuals to join our successful and growing team. Experience of working in a consultancy or public sector environment within the field of Adult Social Care, Children’s Services, or Health is highly desirable. We are particularly looking for candidates with analytical and business modelling skills. Our offices are in London Waterloo.
Our consultants generally have between 2 and 5 years’ experience, either within a consultancy or public sector capacity.
We are specifically interested to receive applications from candidates who have worked in a performance management or data analysis capacity within the public sector.
What we do
Operating nationally, Mutual Ventures is a growing, socially-focused consultancy with a big reputation. Our approach is based on our knowledge and commitment to public services and a ‘can do’ spirit which our clients (mostly central government, councils and the NHS) believe sets us apart from other consultancies.
We are passionate about better, more sustainable public services
Our approach is based on our knowledge and commitment to public services whether delivered within the public sector or independently. We work across all areas including children’s services, health and social care, culture services and more.
We understand that every client faces their own challenges. Our team bring a ‘can do’ spirit and will work in partnership with you to find a solution that fits.
We support senior leaders and commissioners to develop overarching Strategies for services. Our team provides Service Transformation and Performance Improvement advice to design and implement the best systems and practice. We also work with established organisations who deliver public services (like charities and social enterprises) to help them grow through winning new contracts, partnership working, investment or demonstrating impact.
Working at MV is a different experience to working at a larger consultancy or in the public sector. We empower and trust our team to make decisions and take responsibility for their own work – but we also act as a tight knit team providing support to each other. We are a genuine meritocracy and everyone’s ideas are welcomed and respected. You will also get the benefit of being part of the corporate decision-making process e.g. to decide on new markets we should move into.
The work we do is very challenging and requires a mix of technical and relationship management skills.Working independently or as part of a team, our Consultants can be involved in a range of projects at any one time, providing hands-on support to clients and team members. Consultancy is essentially entrepreneurial in nature and project-based and the day-to-day activities are often complex and varied.
Our projects vary in length and size. You may be working with a large degree of independence or as part of a wider team.Your work can be based at our office, at a single client site or across several sites and work may involve travel and the possibility of overnight stays within the UK. Whilst we operate flexible working, as a Consultant we would expect you to be either at the MV office or on client site the vast majority of your working time to enable you to interact with and learn from colleagues. You will have the opportunity to discuss this with your line manager.
Consultants are expected to meet the reasonable requirements of any project - but typical tasks and responsibilities include:
- Supporting the management of projects and programmes;
- Understanding relevant contractual delivery requirements;
- Carrying out research and data collection;
- Preparation and interpretation of numerical and statistical data;
- Undertaking in-depth analysis of business issues in order to provide evidence-based recommendations;
- Conducting exploratory interviews with client’s employees, management teams and other stakeholders;
- Communicating ideas effectively one-on-one and in small groups, with tact and sensitivity both with and without visual aids and in a variety of meeting environments;
- Preparing objective reports with a clear and consistent argument based on analysis, and suitable for a targeted audience;
- Understanding and making use of all appropriate MV tools and methodologies;
- Developing and maintaining successful working relationships with clients, partners and colleagues;
- Developing/demonstrating a thorough understanding of the main delivery and partnership models that operate across the public sector marketplace;
- Using non-chargeable time to enhance Mutual Ventures’ capability to win and carry out consulting work - including contributes to proposals;
- Demonstrating broad understanding of major themes in public sector reform – including attending external events/presentations to broaden sector knowledge then sharing this knowledge with the team;
- Supporting the performance management process, participating in a timely manner.
We require our entry level Consultants to have the following skills, experience and attitudes:
- a good degree or equivalent with at least two years’ experience either working with public services, in the third sector and/or in a management consultancy environment;
- A genuine passion for public services;
- Be able to confidently interpret numerical and statistical evidence;
- Have some experience in project management, business planning and financial modelling processes;
- Be comfortable undertaking in-depth analysis of business issues in order to provide evidence-based recommendations;
- Be able to demonstrate an ability to make practical recommendations based on competent analysis of the best available evidence;
- Be able to present and facilitate confidently – both with and without visual aids – in a small meeting environment;
- Have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal and be able to demonstrate experience of writing objective, concise and clear reports;
- Have experience of maintaining successful working relationships;
- Be comfortable with travel and the possibility of overnight stays within the UK - at times this could be two/three nights a week.
- Salary £30,000 - £50,000
- Up to 10% annual discretionary bonus
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Private Health Insurance
- Flexibility of working hours promoting a strong work-life balance
- Discounts with a variety of high street retailers
- Regular team socials, celebrations and away days
- Enhanced family friendly policies
- Personal use of company iPhone
This vacancy will close subject to the volume of applications received. All successful applicants will be contacted within 2 weeks of their application. Unfortunately, due to high volume of applications we will not be able to reply to unsuccessful candidates.
Please visit our webiste to apply.