Our client is elevating mobility through owning and operating infrastructure for urban aviation. The infrastructure are the take-off and landing locations that service passenger air taxis and cargo drones.
They have secured several locations and have recently commenced expansion into Singapore and Los Angeles. Aside from first-mover advantage, they are proud to be working alongside leading electric Vertical Take-off and Landing (eVTOL) air taxi manufacturers and together revolutionising urban transportation as we know it.
They have an exciting opportunity for a Country Manager role based in Los Angeles. You will be replacing the current US country manager who is moving abroad.
They believe LA will be a first-mover market in the emerging Urban Air Mobility space and they are looking to play an integral part in enabling permanent operations of air taxis by building landing and take-off infrastructure networks.
Your mission will be to work with their senior management and infrastructure team (headquartered in London) to establish a strong presence in LA, build lasting stakeholder relationships and lead corporate development activities with real estate partners, vehicle manufacturers, regulators and government authorities. This role offers a unique opportunity to work across a variety of strategic and operational challenges, including expansion into other US markets.
You will join a small, non-hierarchical team in a fast-growing company with the opportunity to build your own local team. There is a clear opportunity, subject to performance, to have a senior management role with the organisation managing multiple jurisdictions as we build out our operations.
This role is not for everyone. You will be working in a rapidly changing environment and creating the industry from the ground-up. This role suits people who see this job description’s listed responsibilities as a starting point and then quickly make the role their own and pro-actively work to create commercial value. This role requires someone who is ready to jump “all-in” into a role where they can make it their own. Commercial acumen and the ability to identify and create value is imperative for this role.
Responsibilities will include:
Strategy & Business Development
- Running the US business
- Developing and executing strategy on vertiport roll-out and operations in LA and other US cities.
- Identifying, negotiating and securing vertiport sites by engaging with landowners.
- Working through planning and other required permitting for vertiport development.
- Establishing development plans, specifications and designs in accordance with local regulations (ICAO, FAA, etc.).
- Building lasting relationships with relevant authorities and government bodies.
- Executing on route to market strategy alongside existing vehicle manufacturer partners.
- Seeking new partnerships with vehicle manufacturers, UTM providers, technology companies, etc.
- Developing in-depth quantitative analysis and data modelling.
- Assisting with internal Skyports growth activities (e.g. capital raising initiatives, marketing, PR, internal strategy).
- Identifying and monitoring opportunities for expansion into other US markets.
- Being the public face in LA, thought-leading urban air mobility among expert groups, speaking at conferences and running stakeholder workshops.
- Managing day to day operations and director responsibilities for the subsidiary company in the US
- Recruiting and leading local team.
- Establishing project controls and managing projects to time and budget.
Who we’re looking for:
- You have a strong background in real estate, consulting, aviation or other relevant industry.
- You are highly commercial, able to recognise value drivers and pursue those relentlessly. You should be familiar with commercial negotiations with a proven track record in generating business and delivering on lead generation.
- You are possess strong ability to take an overarching strategic view and not lose sight of the ultimate goal.
- You are comfortable and experienced in building and leading teams.
- You are not afraid to learn new skills as required.
- You have great communications skills, are comfortable talking at events, meeting with people and building strong networks. Fluency in the English language is essential.
- You are agile and have a good ability to manage your time including deciding where your time is best dedicated to ensure the overall success of the company.
- You are a self-starter, a great team player, able to integrate into a small and dynamic team.
- You can own projects and challenges through to the end, identify new opportunities and carry them through.
- You strive for more and aim to be the best. Execution is key in every aspect of your work.
What they offer:
To apply by email to this position, please send your CV and covering letter to the following link:firstname.lastname@example.orgTC010
- A competitive salary, equity options and pension
- Fantastic learning environment
- A unique exciting fast-paced working environment where we can truly make a change for good to the world of transportation.
- The ability to make the role your own. We actively want leaders of the business and when proven, empower the team to achieve this. Commercial ability is a key driver for success
NB: Mindbench is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy