My client has been providing blue-chip clients in financial services, technology, media and telecommunications with evidence-led recommendations for over 40 years. They have an experienced, dedicated analytics consulting team focused on developing and executing quantitative analysis to respond to clients’ business challenges.
They are looking for a Consultant to support the delivery of strategic advice to clients and contribute to the development and growth of the business. You will have a history of outstanding academic achievement in a subject with some quantitative requirements and a keen interest and extensive experience in quantitative research. You will have gained some exposure to professional quantitative research projects through working with an analytics team at a strategy consultancy, research agency or in-house with a team specialising in delivering insight through quantitative research.
Key elements of the role:
- Data collection and preparation: company uses a wide variety of data sources in the completion of its research. You will be expect to identify, source and clean/arrange data to inform a range of critical decisions for our clients. Sources may include, survey, CRM, web-scraping, social-listening, 3rd-party data sources and public and private APIs
- Data analysis: You will use a range of analytical tools and techniques to develop insights to support decision-making for our clients. Analysts are expert in a number of industry-leading techniques, but are also highly curious, and seek to continuously expand theirr knowledge to improve the quality of service they deliver. Examples of analytical techniques include clustering, random-forest models, genetic algoritms, CBC (conjoint) variants, PCE, monadic testing, max-diff and ordinal and Shapley regressions
- Data management: company makes use of a range of software packages depending on the data they work with and the hypotheses they are seeking to test. Microsoft Excel, SQL (a range of relational database packages), Q, VBA, SPSS, R, Python and Sawtooth are among the most often used
- Output creation: All of the work is bespoke and created uniquely for their clients.
- You will work on every stage of the project life cycle, from solution design to data analysis and report writing. You will independently manage projects, structuring the work of team members in addition to your own and working alongside specialists from insight and strategy teams
- You will proactively participate in people management activities of recruitment, training & development and mentoring
What we are looking for:
- A 1st class or 2:1 undergraduate degree is essential. Qualifications should include a strong and demonstrable quantitative element
- Advanced Excel proficiency along with knowledge of a programming language, preferably Python or R
- Familiarity with some of the data analysis techniques and management techniques outlined above, such as CBC, Sawtooth and clustering methods would be a strong advantage
- An eye for detail is essential, as is a genuine interest in market research methods, quantitative analysis, statistics and modelling
- Commercial awareness and understanding of core economic principles
- Demonstrable experience of working in a demanding environment and be able to efficiently manage time, communicate effectively, be enthusiastic and also diplomatic
An ability to:
- Create compelling presentations and deliver them with confidence
- Independently build relationships with team members and client staff
- Organise and document work in a thorough and transparent manner
- Think creatively and originally when confronted with challenges.
Due to the international nature of the projects, the role may involve occasional international travel and fluency in a foreign language would be an advantage.
They are seeking bright candidates to enhance set of competencies, who strive in a fast-paced but highly collaborative environment and enjoy working with quirky colleagues from all over the globe.
How to apply: If you feel you have the right level of skills and experience for this role, please contact Valerija Romanovic at email@example.com, quoting "Consultant - Analytics Team". Successful candidates will be contacted within 3 working days.
To apply by email to this position, please send your CV to the following link:firstname.lastname@example.orgTCCAnalytics
NB: Mindbench is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy