Our client is a growing international Fintech and Consumer information business which is rapidly growing and this growth offers excellent opportunities for hires from consulting to join and create an impact.
This role leads the data strategy & acquisition function ensuring that the processes to acquire and commercialise data optimise revenue and value for our client.
The data strategy & acquisition leader owns the data strategy and sets the roadmap for future data acquisition including monitoring and evaluating developments in data-related technology.
This strategy is across the enterprise and including what we should be doing in our Direct to Consumer business. This role will develop a joined-up strategy that infuses the technical requirements along with the data requirements for the EMEA region.
Data strategy & acquisition leads with conviction and makes exceptional things happen with data acting with integrity to get things done with decisiveness and pace involving others and taking measured risks. This role will ensure that their business strategy is underpinned with the right data strategy. The role will need to outline how their data assets can be monetised and utilised to create product & services that meet the needs of our customers over the next 3/5/10 years and have a clear view of where value can be created. Have a clear understanding of how to utilise and maximise value from both structured and unstructured data. Not only will this role have to ensure that the current acquisition strategy is being executed and delivered but they are engaging with multiple partners both technological and data supply to ensure we can deliver a diverse strategy that differentiates them but more importantly moves them to become recognised as leaders in data.
Key Result areas:
- Evaluate and acquire new data sources/assets directly or through partnerships commercial negotiations if required
- Initiation of internal projects for data ingestion
- Liaison with the data architecture and taxonomy teams to ensure seamless integration
- Generate sales support information to the Go-To-Market (GTM) teams
- Deliver data insights via internal/external sales meetings
- Deliver data thought leadership to internal/external clients.
- Strategise by combining data assets for innovation.
- Execute Data Strategy with Data Lab engagement
- Aligning with business strategy and providing a supporting regional data strategy.
- Keeping abreast of data trends, data technology etc.
- Keeping up to date with data regulation (GDPR, FCA, OIC)
- Understanding the total cost of ownership for our data services
- Establish the market/competitor pricing positions.
- Automate processes and controls
- Define the commercial framework for all the data services
- Lead Performance for Growth ensuring that all team members have stretching personal objectives, development plans and regular performance reviews to embed a high- performance culture.
- Develop and implement talent management and succession plans to identify and develop high potential employees, and ensure an available talent pipeline to meet business and capability requirements.
- Establish and frequently review the organisational structure and allocation of responsibilities, accountabilities and necessary resources to ensure regulatory obligations are met and that the business is managed and controlled effectively.
- Will be required to deliver strategies that turn declining businesses into high growth businesses.
- Define and drive clear goals and objectives for the function.
- Drive employee engagement and openly encourage two-way communication flows.
- Ensure training and competency plans are in place and that all team members complete required training in a timely manner.
- Create, sustain and shape a culture that promotes openness, honesty, integrity and accountability within the team and across the business.
- Shape and champion a culture in the team that achieves the business goals and keeps treating customers fairly at the heart of everything that they do.
- Lead by example and drive adherence to and understanding of regulatory requirements and obligations.
- Establish and frequently review the organisational structure and allocation of responsibilities, accountabilities and necessary resources to ensure regulatory obligations are met.
- Build purposeful relationships with key business leaders, Data Office Leaders and peer Shared Services teams.
- Lead by example and drive adherence to all regulatory requirements and apply appropriate controls in the interests of customers.
- Deal with the FCA and with other regulators in an open and cooperative way and disclose appropriately any information or misconduct.
- Take reasonable steps to ensure that the business area complies with the relevant requirements and standards of the regulatory system
- Champion a culture that achieves the business goals, delights customers and keeps consumer advocacy at the heart of everything that they do.
- Ensure that good client outcomes are at the centre of decision making.
- Promote the development of client relationships and seek to exceed client’s expectations.
- Act in a manner conducive to the fair and reasonable treatment of all consumers irrespective of whether they are clients and consumers or not.
- Lead by example and adhere to all regulatory requirements and apply appropriate controls in the interests of customers.
3. KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
- Educated to Master’s degree-level or equivalent
- Continued professional development at a high level
- Business and commercial experience gained in a complex, matrix environment.
- Will have worked in one of the big consulting businesses providing consulting services to the financial market.
- Experience within data strategy and acquisition including commercial negotiation experience a preference
- Preferably worked within an Enterprise Chief Data Officer environment.
- Experience of business planning techniques and disciplines needed to develop and execute operational plans.
- Strong awareness of the financial market space and drivers of success.
- Proficiency in incorporating Risk management practices and processes.
- Creative & strategic thinker
- Change management experience in an operational and matrix environment.
- Proven success in team-building and line management, to include coaching and mentoring skills.
- Clear and adept communication skills at all levels, internally and externally.
- Results-orientated team leader.
Please send your CV to email@example.com
To apply by email to this position, please send your CV and covering letter to the following link:firstname.lastname@example.org
NB: Mindbench is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy