Our client is a well-established and rapidly growing firm with a leading platform for developing quantitative research and systematic investment ideas. They have created a community designed to inspire the best minds in the world to tackle the toughest intellectual challenges and deliver the best work of their careers. Their platforms and technologies are constantly evolving to meet the real-world scenarios they throw at them and they are seeking world-class software engineers to join them.
Traditionally a .NET and Microsoft house, as a successful and well-funded business they are broadening the scope of their platforms and development tools they use. They aim to use the best tools available for the job and are actively extending the use of open source and Linux-based technologies in the areas that they can make a real difference. Developers with experience in these technologies can make a big impact - they are happy to hire people with a diverse range of skills, there's no specific requirement for experience with .NET. Technologically the sky is the limit and they are looking for the brightest and best developers in the world to take our capability to the next level.
To join an existing team of 12, they are looking for an exceptional developer from a top tier university. This role involves both working on a live system with strict performance requirements, and also providing tool and simulation support for our quant teams to allow them to develop new ideas and comprehend massive datasets.
This role is business critical as it will be working directly on the core investment systems – with integration to upstream and downstream components and the teams who look after them. The team is responsible for improving and maintaining a system that is used globally, 24 hours a day in multiple asset classes - as such there is an element of support to the role.
- The team uses a variety of languages, mainly C# and C++ however some of the work is done using F#.
- The primary focus of the role is the core realtime investment platform, which incorporates a simulation platform that is used for research, and an order management system that provides market connectivity.
- Every member of the team is required to get involved in the development and maintenance of a large, complex, and business critical system.
- Despite the work being focused around an existing system, this is not a software maintenance role as we are constantly being called upon to add new features, extend the platform and keep it current in a very competitive industry.
- The team works closely with specialist quant researchers but we are looking for a dedicated software engineer who enjoys the challenges of software development - there is no scope for progression into the quant space in this role.
- The team operates in a fast-paced and constantly changing environment – we are looking for a developer who is capable of making quick decisions and is comfortable being accountable for the success or failure of their work.
The candidate must be an experienced, competent, and practical software developer with the following background:
- Computer Science degree (almost certainly).
- Strong experience of Object-Oriented software development.
- Finance experience is useful but by no means a pre-requisite. Candidates from non-financial backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
The successful candidate will have:
- Strong problem solving skills, with the ability to work independently on projects as well as part of a team in order to develop solutions and improve the system architecture
- A determined and hardworking outlook, with the ability to communicate between different teams within the business.
- Excellent academics – good A-level results combined with a 2.1 or better from a top university
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply by email to this position, please send your CV and covering letter to the following link:email@example.com@mindbench.co.ukTCM100
NB: Mindbench is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy