Our client is a leading Financial Services and Fintech firms which is in a sector which is undergoing immense change and transformation just now.
You will be part of a digital research and innovation team that is exploring how technology is shaping requirements and solutions in diverse markets such as currency, identity and product authentication. Significantly, you will help define the responses to this ever changing digital landscape. This could include identifying and evaluating new technologies, forming relationships with new technology partners, or developing trials to assess the practicalities, cost-effectiveness and fit of new digital concepts.
You will be joining a newly formed team that is charged with plotting a course through an evolving technology landscape. The pace and pervasiveness of this change will be familiar to you from your previous roles in technology consulting, technology research or new product development. The role will involve building a substantive understanding of the requirements and use cases for business problems and operational scenarios. It could then lead into identifying and assessing the pros and cons of applying different technologies (established and emerging) to these diverse requirements.
It will also involve putting in place the methodologies, references, external partnerships and other foundations that will make digital research and innovation second nature to the organisation. You will work with a small team to set the overall direction of the technology research work and you will take the lead on structuring and undertaking research into specific technologies. This could include RFID and NFC, embedded operating systems, digital security, digital imaging, algorithms and digital coding, digital printing and patterning, and secure systems development. You will also take the lead on piloting technologies in association with product management and software delivery teams.
You will be responsible for initiaives and projects in terms of day to day reporting and you will also work closely with the product line managers and the digital programme manager.
This is clearly a role that requires a level of knowledge about established and emerging technologies. But it also demands a passion for understanding and dissecting the real world problems that technology can help solve. In fact, as much as you will bring a thorough technical perspective on the changing landscape, your primary instinct will be to identify practical solutions.
- Identify and categorise use cases, technologies and constraints (operational, regulatory, cost...)
- Compare and evaluate technologies for different use cases and operational scenarios
- Develop relationships with technology partners and undertake analysis on their technologies
- Undertake piloting, trials and proof of concepts for new digital technologies and solutions
- Prepare papers and perspectives on technologies, technical standards and providers
- Create the methods and organisational foundations to perform systematic digital research
You will be technologically savvy and passionate about the role that digital is playing in operational processes, products and business models. But you will be acutely aware that technology is a means not an end in itself. So you will be just as familiar with use cases and practical applications of technology.
You will also recognise that technology can be opaque for others that are not as technical. So you’ll be used to translating complex technical concepts into a picture that is easier to understand, without sacrificing the important points. At the same time, you will be used to championing new ways of doing things, as well as challenging others to adopt a more digital way of thinking.
- Educated to degree level with experience gained through employment across technology consulting, technical development, technical product management and/or digital R&D
- Highly organised in terms of researching, analysing and thinking through the issues and options that competing technologies present (particularly in terms of real world application)
- Excellent presentational and communication skills to translate technical concepts and analysis into clear, concise and compelling conclusions that are delivered in an easily understood format
- Knowledge of use case analysis and problem solving techniques, confident in organising and running workshops, technology demonstrations and proof of concepts (including third parties)
- Open to working in a dynamic and innovative environment, ideally with experience of bringing ground breaking or at least novel ways of working to your area of responsibility
- Ability to work collaboratively and iteratively to develop analysis and explore technology issues
- Experience of evaluating leading-edge technologies as well as more prosaic mapping of technologies to business requirements, use cases and operational constraints
- Strong communication and influencing skills across technologists and non-technologists alike
- Team player able to work effectively across a matrix organisation and build effective relationships with other stakeholders to deliver high quality analysis, technology evaluations and prototypes
- Ability to contextualise technologies in clear frameworks, as well as get into technical details
- Highly motivated to succeed and think creatively/‘outside the box’
Please send your CV to email@example.com
To apply by email to this position, please send your CV and covering letter to the following link:firstname.lastname@example.orgTC001
NB: Mindbench is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy