Our client is a global financial services business, they are the leaders in their niche globally and work on very high profile areas for government. They have a Strategy and Innovation function they are looking to grow in order to adapt and anticipate changes in the market with massive digital disruption affecting the sector. The Strategy and Innovation team is responsible for managing strategic planning across the business and for initiating and driving key initiatives. Most significantly, this includes a programme of digital strategy as well as an increasingly diverse range of discrete strategy projects, spanning acquisitions, technology platform development and bench marking.
You will be an integral member of the Strategy and Innovation team. Given the diversity of the remit and activities of this team, you will be undertaking a similarly varied range of projects. Initially, this may involve contributing to the digital projects supporting the Programme Manager and Project Heads. It may also involve work on strategic planning, including the preparation of key inputs, such as trends and benchmarks. Other projects may span operating models development, research and analysis into strategic issues and questions, and embedding new strategy methods and techniques. You will also be tasked with discrete projects to support the Chief Technology Officer. This could include the development and cascading of functional objectives, the preparation of Board papers, the creation of communications briefings, or analysis around key issues or trends. You will report into the Director of Strategy and Innovation but may be seconded to work for others as required.
- This is a diverse role that will flex according to the needs of the business and the Innovation and Technology function. Its outcomes will rely on a mix of influencing and facilitating others, as well as taking personal responsibility for the completion of certain outputs. This will require a very agile mind set.
- Structure and undertake research into key topics (technology trends, competitor activity, best practices) and in support of specific technology projects (e.g. digital strategy initiatives)
- Synthesise research findings and prepare analysis to support specific technology strategies, strategic planning activities and other activities in the function (e.g. innovation excellence)
- Develop clear and compelling presentations, communication materials and other outputs to support strategy and related activities (both regular cycles and ad-hoc activities)
- Manage specific strategy and innovation projects and work streams to coordinate the inputs of subject matter experts (within and external to the business) and develop associated outputs
- Support the team in maintaining the key processes, documentation and communication materials for strategic planning and other processes
- You will be structured in your thinking and in your production of high quality outputs. But you’ll also be equally proficient when organising and facilitating others to tackle complex problems or key questions. You will be driven by a desire to bring clarity to issues and messaging, being equally adept at using engaging visuals and concise business writing to express analysis and ideas.
- Educated to degree level or an equivalent level of experience gained in employment across strategic analysis and communications (e.g. strategic planning, change management)
- Analytical mind-set but with the ability to synthesise and articulate complex metrics, analysis and ideas through engaging and creative visual representations and clear written outputs
- Team player, able to work effectively across a matrix organisation and build effective relationships with other stakeholders to deliver high quality analysis and communications outputs
- Open to working in a dynamic and fast changing environment, with the ability to manage and progress a diverse portfolio of work with multiple stakeholders simultaneously
- Genuine passion for strategic thinking, innovation and compelling communications, with a sound appreciation of how content and messages need to be adapted for different audiences
- You will thrive in dynamic work environments, tackling a diverse portfolio of work that spans activities that may be proactive or reactive.
- Ability to work collaboratively and iteratively with senior stakeholders and diverse teams (i.e. technical and non-technical) to translate concepts and ideas into clear, compelling messages
- Strong organisational skills to breakdown activities and manage the synthesis of inputs from existing sources (i.e. financial data) as well as the generation of new content (i.e. workshops)
- Excellent presentational and facilitation skills to bring together people across different disciplines and drive towards a consistent format in terms of outputs to a consistently high level of quality
- Exceptional Microsoft PowerPoint and Word skills (smart art, visual themes, graphing, desktop publishing) with experience in other presentational and communications tools being a plus
- Exceptional eye for detail to ensure that outputs are delivered to the highest quality, but with the ability to adapt formats and content to meet the needs of rapid turnaround requests
- Highly motivated to succeed and think creatively/‘outside the box’ with an appetite for innovation
To apply by email to this position, please send your CV and covering letter to the following link:firstname.lastname@example.org@mindbench.co.ukTCinnovation
NB: Mindbench is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy