Our client was set up by government to inspire and prepare young people for the fast-changing world of work. Their role is to be the national network that connects schools and colleges, employers and careers programme providers to create high-impact careers opportunities for young people. Executing against this modern and dynamic blueprint cannot be done in isolation. It requires thousands of people from schools, colleges, employers and careers and enterprise providers working together. They are committed to working with others to create a network that delivers these encounters and helps schools and colleges build careers and enterprise aligned with this best practice.
Their four pillars of work
1. Building local networks: They are building a national network in collaboration with Local Enterprise Partnerships that connects schools and colleges to employers across the country.
2. Finding out what works: Their research draws together what is known about the best ways to prepare young people for the world of work.
3. Backing proven ideas: Their investment funds helps the best ideas spread quickly. They use these programmes to develop best practice and leverage additional investment into the system, with over £15million in external funding secured to date.
4. Supporting careers and enterprise with technology: They are developing a digital infrastructure to support young people into the world of work and to help schools and colleges to optimise their careers and enterprise provision.
As a result of the Careers Strategy, published by government in December 2017, their remit is growing and the team is expanding.
- Lead the design, development and implementation of the Company’s investment funds and commissioning of careers and enterprise activity. The Fund Development Manager will set out evidenced based recommendations and approaches for:
• targeting of the Company’s funds, including geography, young people and activities to fund
• allocating funding and making awards through an effective decision making processes
• commissioning support and activity to maximise impact
• designing our payment and commissioning approach
• understanding the impact of what we fund
This is a strategic and delivery role to lead a small team to develop, plan, implement and review funding awards and allocations to a range of organisations. The role will also require regular engagement with organisation’s Enterprise Adviser Network, Digital and Research teams to support the Company’s broader strategic objectives.
1. Design of their investment activities:
• Lead the use of the analysis of need to target funding, working with the Company’s Research team(e.g. based on our Coldspots and Disengagement reports)
• Take responsibility for development of their funding prospectuses, working closely with their Research team to ensure what they fund is based on evidence and that they commission research to support our funding efforts (e.g. Effective Employer Mentoring
• Develop innovative commissioning approaches that ensure they engage local stakeholders as much as possible
• Design appropriate payment mechanisms that encourage the organisations we invest in to deliver high impact programmes, for example considering Payment by Results
• Secure the support from the Company’s Board and Senior Leadership Team and key stakeholders for the Company’s investment activities
2. Decide what they fund:
• Take responsibility for their fund assessment processes, building on our established processes to ensure that they run transparent and fair processes which are data driven
• Develop and manage systems to support the assessment processes including templates and tools for bidders and assessors that provide data driven insights (e.g. eligibility, value for money)
3. Manage delivery:
• Lead the management of the relationship with their third-party fund manager, ensuring their systems and processes support grant recipients to report progress, ensure payments are made in a timely manner, and provide us with the information we need around grant recipient performance
- Support strategic policy decisions using clear logic and commercial acumen
- Work with the research team to deliver thought leadership through further research and data analysis, for example analysing the costs of provision based on costs provided by bidders to understand variation in price
- Oversee the production of high quality written reports and data visualisations to communicate the results of the team’s analysis
- Work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders on a range of projects within the education and careers sector
- Develop strong working relationships with the sector and visit some of the programmes we fund
- Undertake ad hoc projects and activities to support the company’s overall aim of preparing young people for the world of work.
Qualifications and Experience Required:
- Graduate within a business or numerically-focused discipline or have equivalent training / work experience
- Demonstrated ability to translate complex technical concepts to nontechnical audiences • Strong Microsoft Office skills, especially Excel required
- Additional capabilities and understanding of statistical or data visualization software preferred
- Experienced in producing and delivering meaningful reports and presentations based on data analysis to senior management and stakeholders
Skills & Our Core Competencies:
- Impeccable managerial and interpersonal skills
- Proven track record of effectively interacting with senior management
- Ability to work strategically and collaboratively across departments
- Ability to influence and persuade at high level both internally and externally
- Excellent time management, attention to detail, and multitasking skills
- Ability to deliver at pace.
- Resilient and flexible, comfortable with complexity, uncertainty and ambiguity.
- Logical approach to problem solving and ability to see beyond the data to provide practical, realistic solutions
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply by email to this position, please send your CV and covering letter to the following link:email@example.com
NB: Mindbench is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy