Brambles has a clear and well-established corporate strategy which has delivered strong performance over many years. However this strategy is continually evolving to ensure ongoing success, alignment with changing customer needs, identification and leverage of new technologies, and an ability to attract and empower the best employees.
Much of Brambles’ opportunity for growth and innovation revolves around its core business segments, which offer tremendous potential in the years to come from strong strategic design and execution. Innovation, both within the core and in closely adjacent spaces, creates further opportunity for new offerings or improved services to drive growth and loyalty. Finally, while M&A is not seen as a key driver of Brambles’ business, the ability to execute smart acquisitions can be an important compliment to organic growth. Likewise, making strategic exits from non-core businesses can also contribute to enhancing shareholder value, including the use of joint ventures to maintain a market position whilst minimizing the exposure to market volatility.
This role will help develop and drive many of the key growth initiatives that support Brambles corporate strategy, from new market entry, to new product development (e.g. new product types or service offerings, which will then be operationalised by the Global Supply Chain organisation). The role will partner with Corporate Finance to oversee the Group-wide portfolio of investments to ensure that Brambles maximizes its performance and deploys its capital to the most important priorities.
The role also has responsibility for the oversight of the core Brambles Innovation program, which includes all Innovation development, prototyping and funding through initial deployment outside of those areas covered by the BXB Digital team. Brambles’ Innovation Fund, used to seed internal innovation concepts, will be overseen by the SVP and his/her team.
In addition, the role oversees Brambles Sustainability programme, which is a core part of Brambles market position.
Finally, the SVP will partner with the senior leadership of the company to oversee and drive the M&A processes for Brambles.
- This individual has full responsibility for ensuring that the Group strategy and the programs that underpin it are rigorously developed, continually evolved, and effectively executed. They will drive the Innovation Program for Brambles, creating a dynamic culture of Innovation that refreshes Brambles’ offerings and positions the company at the forefront of industry knowledge and best practices. Finally, the SVP will oversee the M&A pipeline and processes to create optionality for Brambles in terms of adding capabilities and customers, etc.
- This role requires very close collaboration across all business unit teams and corporate functions, including closely supporting the Brambles Executive Leadership Team to drive alignment around Strategy, Innovation and M&A goals and priorities.
Qualifications & Experience
- MBA/Graduate Degree in Strategic Planning, or similar
- A minimum of 15 years professional experience, at least 10 of which will have been in well regarded strategy consultancies, or as part of in-house strategy roles in large multi-national companies. Ideally a mix of consulting and in-house experience is preferred.
- This individual will have a strong track record of success in well-respected companies and a career characterized by consistent promotions to roles of increasing responsibility. The successful candidate will be very comfortable and experienced with working in a business-to-business environment involving with a globally dispersed customer base.
- Individuals with strong logistics expertise would be highly valued, however experience in the FMCG or Retail sectors could also be very relevant.
- Strong entrepreneurial streak and commercial orientation. Proven track record of advising on driving growth and increasing profitability/return on investment in highly competitive markets.
- Ability to develop and maintain strong internal and external customer relationships and a history of innovating and delivering value added products and services are required.
- Successfully operated within organizations having a large international presence and been part of a global management team. The ideal candidate will have experience working with a variety of organizations and understand and appreciate the organizational, cultural and economic nuances of doing business on a global scale.
- Candidates must have demonstrable expertise in all facets of M&A, including both acquisitions and divestitures. Involved in every stage of M&A from initial market scanning, through diligence, negotiations, and integration.
- Possess credibility as a leader in strategic, financial and operational discussions with internal stakeholders, counter parties, advisors and Board members.
Come join an extremely successful performance and growth oriented team.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Individuals fraudulently misrepresenting themselves as [Brambles/CHEP/IFCO] representatives have scheduled interviews and offered fraudulent employment opportunities with the intent to commit identity theft or solicit money. [Brambles/CHEP/IFCO] never conducts interviews via online chat or requests money as a term of employment. If you have a question as to the legitimacy of an interview or job offer, please contact us at email@example.com.
To apply for the position, please visit our careers site to formally apply :
Quoting reference 5407.