The BJSS Delivery Centre in Bristol has grown from 15 to a fantastic team of 115 highly skilled people in the space of 2 ½ years and has been very successful in remotely delivering a range of services and solutions across the diverse BJSS client base. The Bristol office delivers core services in Software Development & Testing, Platform Engineering, Business Analysis, Delivery Management and Digital Innovation & Strategy (SPARCK).
Can you help us develop and sustain Bristol's accelerated growth? We're looking to appoint someone who can take the helm of the Bristol office as Head of Delivery. This multifaceted and senior level role will lead the Bristol management team and have responsibility for People & Well-being, Careers & Line Management, Delivery & Quality, Recruitment & Resourcing, and Operations within our federated framework.
This role will be based out of our Bristol office. Location flexibility and the ability to work away from home is a requirement, though we would not expect this to be the norm.
As the Head of Delivery, you will work with the other Heads of Delivery to ensure BJSS continues to deliver services that are efficient, effective and commercially successful. To do this, you will need to maintain and evolve the culture of BJSS in Bristol, form excellent internal relationships across the business, and manage external client relationships to support local bid and sales processes.
At the core of our business are our people. Our Heads of Delivery inspire, actively engaging with our people, and build strong and trusted relationships with our clients. You will need to be a confident and articulate presenter, as the role will include public speaking, representing BJSS at conferences, and operating at the heart of our sales and commercial activities.
You will have strong agile delivery experience, and be able to personally shape, influence and correct large delivery assignments. Being able to excel and make an appreciable difference within a high calibre, dynamic and challenging environment is one of the most stimulating elements of the role. A good appreciation of technology is vital, as is knowing when to defer to the technical expertise of the team around you.
Finally, to help grow the local business, you’ll need to be familiar with the local environment. Proven commercial experience and entrepreneurial credentials will be key to success.
- Provide leadership to the UK business, with a focus on Bristol
- Be a focal point for consultants through career management and by creating a challenging but supportive environment
- Accountable for the federated aspects of the business, including: people & well-being; careers & line management; quality & delivery; recruitment; resourcing; and operations
- Help deliver digital and business innovation through the use of new technologies
- Be responsible and accountable for the quality of local delivery
- Collaborate with the other Heads of Delivery to run an efficient, effective and profitable organisation
- Support the local bid & sales processes
- Create, sustain and manage a broad range of internal and external relationships
Innovation & Knowledge Leadership
- Contribute to & support the writing of articles & blogs
- Support the development of commercial propositions
- Drive innovation within the organisation
To succeed in this role, you should expect to demonstrate experience in leading and managing teams and delivering commercially successful IT projects to a wide range of clients. Some of the skills we value include:
- Good relationship building at all levels
- Excellent communication and staff engagement
- Working with diverse teams, inspiring them to give their best
- Commercial focus
- High standards, goal driven and ambitious to get the job done
- Able to adapt style in response to a client’s working culture
- Ability to leave an ego ‘at the door’, happy to get involved with delivery when required
- Gravitas both internally and externally
For the last 25 years, BJSS has been building scalable, enterprise-scale, technology solutions for private and public-sector organisations. We’ve evolved over the years; embracing the latest developments in technology and our clients think of us as the go to technology engineers who tackle the hard stuff. We’re over 1,000 people with offices throughout the UK and North America and growing fast. Our clients don’t engage us to do routine work – they look to us to tackle their most challenging problems, often to deliver where others have failed. Our work is technically challenging and our clients demanding - providing the opportunity for our people to enjoy a wide variety of professional experiences supported by a culture that values and rewards ability and contribution.
At BJSS, we believe that diversity and inclusion are at the heart of the creativity and innovation we deliver for our clients. We value the diversity of our people – and the varied experiences, expertise, backgrounds and perspectives they bring. We work hard to foster a culture where those differences can thrive and where every one of us can fulfil our potential. We’re also signed up to the Armed Forces Covenant
To apply by email to this position, please send your CV and covering letter to the following link:firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting reference number:TCBJSS/HOD/1306