As we continue to grow as a firm, our principles and values remain at the forefront of everything we do. Our clients are FTSE 100 / 250 companies and major government departments, and we work with them on their most complex, high-profile transformation programmes.
Our people are some of the best you will have the opportunity to work with. What stands them apart is the genuine realisation that we can all excel, grow and develop our careers in Moorhouse together. Our relentless focus on maintaining a high-quality bar when it comes to recruitment has been instrumental in differentiating us with our clients and key to our continued growth and success as a firm. We are equally passionate about developing our team, and we offer the best of both worlds: challenging and complex client engagements that rival the 'big four' consultancies, but also the nurturing, agile and transparent culture of a small firm.
Our people do not need to compete with each other because of promotion quotas or the typical distribution curves that govern performance management in other organisations. We recognise and reward performance consistently and transparently across the firm so that everyone knows where they stand.
Over the next five years our strategy is to maintain our strong growth trajectory and to double in size. To support this, we are looking to recruit experienced Managers in the following Sectors/Service Lines to join us on this exciting journey: Pharmaceuticals, Energy & Utilities, Customer, Financial Services, Change Management, Technology, Media and Telecommunications, and Digital and Technology.
What are we looking for?
The successful candidate must be able to evidence:
- At least 6 years consulting experience preferably gained from the big 4 or other top tier and/or boutique management consultancies;
- Shaping and implementing complex business change and transformational programmes, preferably across a wide range of technical areas of expertise such as operating model, programme delivery, change management, process improvement, portfolio optimisation, customer, digital and regulatory change;
- Building and nurturing strong relationships, both with clients and colleagues;
- Experience of effectively managing and collaborating with senior client stakeholders;
- Degree qualified with appropriate professional qualifications and accreditations.
To be extraordinary in this role we would expect candidates to:
- Lead by example
- Be a great team player
- Motivate and support the development and high performance of our people through informal coaching and leadership
- Think strategically and innovatively
- Inspire others and be seen as a thought leader
- Take personal accountability for business performance and outcomes
Our behaviour and culture is deeply rooted in our values:
- Integrity and accountability: We will do what we say and do it well
- Collaboration: How we do things is as important as what we do
- Sense of humour and perspective: We take our work seriously but not ourselves
- Positive pragmatism: Anything is possible, but not everything is sensible
These values apply whether working with a client, a colleague or partner organisation.
Everyone is encouraged to shape and contribute to the continued growth and success of the firm. Every quarter, the firm 'Escapes' for 24-36 hours (and annually for four days) to ensure that we regularly come together as a team, share ideas, celebrate success and re-connect with colleagues.
Package and Location
- A total cash package of £109,100 comprising of a base salary of £72,100 and a combination of personal and company bonuses that are paid every six months – we pride ourselves in being in the top-quartile across all consulting salary benchmarks.
- 25 days annual leave increasing by one day for every full year of service to a maximum of 30 days
- The ability to buy or sell up to five days of annual leave per year
- Life Assurance
- Private Medical Insurance
- Group Personal Pension Scheme
- A range of discounted lifestyle and well-being benefits through Perkbox
Our modern, state-of-the-art, offices are near Holborn Circus in central London.
Moorhouse is proud to be an equal opportunities employer and our values underpin a working environment that is inclusive for all those who work for us. We encourage people to bring their whole selves to work, contribute ideas, take the initiative and be responsible for their impact on others internally and externally.
We also take this responsibility seriously in the work that we undertake for our clients. We are committed to searching for the best qualified candidates, placing merit and competence at the core of recruitment decisions.