The remit of the Enterprise Application Services (EAS) Oracle UK Practice Sales Director is to lead the Oracle Solutions Practice with a strong focus to win new business and expand the EAS service line managing the business development of the practice. The role also represents a growth opportunity for someone with strong UK Oracle background to widen his/her experience in a pan European management role in a later phase
Grow the business:
- Collaborate with the Cognizant account and industry sales, account and marketing teams to proactively develop and close Oracle business within our customers and prospects.
- Oversight of the Oracle Solutions business in the UK
- Personally lead on driving the business growth in 1-2 key industries
- Win large accounts and be personally involved into the sales in a Steering role
- Establish and expand personal C-level relationships with strategic accounts
- Work in close collaboration with Oracle Sales and Product teams in order to agree on common Oracle/Cognizant go-to-market initiatives
- Ensure that the Oracle co-sell part of the business sees significant growth
- Ensure Cognizant becomes established as a top partner for Oracle in strategic areas in the UK
Run the business:
- Full revenue management, budgeting and forecasting responsibility.
- Carries revenue and profitability targets ownership
- Ensure that the practice has the right skills and resources to deliver the strategy, in close collaboration with on- and offshore delivery
- Build a high performance culture and ensure that this is adopted across the practice
- Screen the market and be personally involved into potential inorganic growth opportunities
- Develop the strategy for the practice going forward to align with sector and EAS service line strategies, to meet short and long term business demands, and to ensure that we are at the forefront and in the right shape to be successful in a rapidly evolving market so that we can compete with Tier 1 competitors
- Develop relationships with Oracle Corporation executive, sales and account teams in order to develop Oracle as a sales channel for Cognizant’s EAS - Oracle offerings
- Be an opinion leader in strategic areas such as Cloud and Digital transformation.
- Strong understanding of the Oracle market in the UK (Europe) and ability to develop EAS - Oracle practice strategy in terms of go-to-market, key clients/prospects, solution offerings, marketing
- Proven C-level relationships to key Oracle Customers in the UK
- Wide range of relationships into the Oracle Sales organisation
- Ability to provide thought leadership to key clients at executive levels
- Strong commercial and business management skills, including business case qualification, negotiation skills and the ability to manage and direct according to contract whilst maintaining the customer relationship
- An operational management background, gained in a business development, programme, account or business unit management role.
- Proven business development skills obtained in either a direct sales role or in a leading role supporting a sales organization.
- Sales Leadership on all levels
- Working in / with top tier consulting firm with deep experience serving IT and business organizations.
- Significant relevant, direct experience within pre-sales / sales in in the Oracle market in UK
- Knowledge how to operate in an Offshore-Onsite model
- Revenue management and forecasting.
- Experience of dealing with Oracle as an organisation and understand it's culture
- Must have strong personal relationships to flagship Oracle customers (especially in UK)
- Must have strong personal relationships to Oracle license sales leadership team (especially in UK)
- The right balance of leadership and “do-it-yourself” mentality
- Strong leadership skills and takes ownership with the ability to identify and develop talented individuals.
- A customer first outlook, capable of building and maintaining relationships to CxO level
- A single organisation mind set, capable of balancing own business unit objectives with Service
- Line objectives and Cognizant objectives.
Click here to apply
Cognizant (NASDAQ-100: CTSH) is one of the world's leading professional services companies, transforming clients' business, operating and technology models for the digital era. Our unique industry-based, consultative approach helps clients envision, build and run more innovative and efficient businesses. Headquartered in the U.S., Cognizant is ranked 230 on the Fortune 500 and is consistently listed among the most admired companies in the world. Learn how Cognizant helps clients lead with digital at www.cognizant.com or follow us @Cognizant.