We are currently recruiting for an Organisational Strategy and Performance Lead to join us and help make our first global strategy, Ambition for Children 2030, a reality through stronger global governance and performance, and stronger individual member organisations.
Save the Children is a federated membership based organisation with 27 Member countries and 55 country offices based in 5 Regions. Within this model, Save the Children has made a commitment to become a more aligned global organisation, achieving collectively a higher global standard of governance, performance and accountability with a commitment to continuous improvement.
This role will influence organisational transformation through:
- Supporting stronger corporate performance, by driving the identification and design of new global processes to improve decision making, and leading the development of an overarching accountability framework;
- The development of performance assessment tools and mechanisms that operationalise the accountability framework and strengthen organisational wide capacities;
- The design, piloting and rolling out of best practice guidance for Member organisations in key areas such as governance, risk management and strategic planning;
- Overseeing the planning and coordination of global capacity building support and investment to members and delivering direct support to members in different stages of organisational readiness, from a set- up context to top performers engaged in continuous improvement;
- Delivering high quality stakeholder engagement and communication both internally and externally
In order to be successful you’ll bring/have:
- Significant experience within strategy development and implementation
- Experience in/an understanding of corporate governance, including Board Management relations, the control environment, transparency and accountability
- Experience of developing and implementing organisational performance mechanisms aimed at driving continuous improvement
- Proven experience in developing tools, frameworks and process design - and building capacity
- Expertise in project and change management
- Highly developed organisational awareness and the ability to understand sensitivities within a complex multi-stakeholder structure
The role offers a salary of c£65Kpa, a competitive pension scheme, life assurance and 30 days annual leave.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/jobs and full details here https://www.savethechildren.net/jobs/job-details/4573.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.