Do you want to work for one of the world’s fastest growing management consultancies? You will know our clients and be familiar with our work because we are the team behind some of the highest profile business and IT transformations in corporate history.
Cognizant Strategy and Transformation (S&T) is the world’s leading transformation management consultancy. The entire organisation is focused on turning clients’ visions and strategies into successful realities. We are part of Cognizant Technology Solutions – a global provider of information technology, consulting and business process outsourcing services, dedicated to helping the world's leading companies build stronger businesses.
We are currently looking for a Portfolio Director with a strong background across sectors in the UK to lead our growing Enterprise Portfolio Management line of business, incorporating Financial Services, Media, Retail and other industries.
In this role you will be working closely with our Transformation Delivery leadership to shape the strategic direction of the line of business, develop leads, build the team and ensure successful assignment delivery.
You will have the commercial experience necessary to build and develop significant new business opportunities for the S&T practice – focused on the development of senior (C-suite) client relationships in the across sector and innovative propositions/service offerings (primary focus on digital transformation).
You will also have a unique opportunity to build a level of eminence in the marketplace that gives you the platform to support the firm’s growth ambitions over the long-term – as well as building a high-performing team around you to support these growth plans.
To be successful in this role, you will be a subject matter expert (focusing primarily on Enterprise Portfolio Management and corporate PMOs) leading business development and consulting engagement delivery whilst developing innovative thought leadership. You will have the opportunity to recruit the best people, coach and support them whilst driving activity such as proposition development and marketing.
You will have responsibilities for:
- Developing the Enterprise Portfolio Management line of business strategy
- Leading and shaping the EPM team
- Selling EPM and corporate PMOs assignments across all sectors
- Advising ‘C’ suite clients on optimising their investments through EPM disciplines and creating strategic portfolio organisations for them
- Supporting major business transformation programs and driving delivery performance improvements across the enterprise
- Leading client relationships and managing key stakeholders
- Guiding, managing and coaching team members
- Leading S&T practice development activities.
The key requirements are the following:
- A hunger for success and a passion for EPM and the associated organisation design and business change needed to improve investment returns for large organisations
- A track record of designing and implementing corporate PMOs to drive delivery performance across enterprises
- Relevant experience from an IT or management consultancy
- Previous experience in a Portfolio Manager/Director role in a global organisation within complex business transformation environments
- Proven track record of building consultancy business
- Strong business development skills
- Network of senior contacts across sectors from which to build a consulting business
- Ability to build a first rate consulting team of EPM consultants, advisors and delivery practitioners
- A working knowledge of the operating model and business processes that underpin world class EPM
- Commercial awareness in a business environment factoring in external business drivers that may affect delivery
- Solid knowledge of finance management, resource management, business change management and benefits realisation at programme and corporate / business portfolio level
- Excellent leadership and motivational skills with an ability to influence, direct and enable change
- Strong communication and negotiation skills to manage effective stakeholder relationships to Board / CxO level
- Understanding of Agile and its impact on EPM
- Relevant accreditations (eg. Managing of Portfolios, MSP)
- Flexibility to travel across the UK and (occasionally) further.
What to expect from us:
- A leading consultancy with an impressive list of on-going engagements
- The chance to lead the growth and direction of this unique consultancy group
- A blue chip client base from a wide range of industries and locations to give you a breadth of experience in your career
- A highly competitive package with a performance related bonus and many benefits
- Excellent growth and advancement opportunities.
To apply for this role CLICK HERE.
Cognizant (NASDAQ: CTSH) is a leading provider of information technology, consulting, and business process outsourcing services, dedicated to helping the world's leading companies build stronger businesses. Headquartered in Teaneck, New Jersey (U.S.), Cognizant combines a passion for client satisfaction, technology innovation, deep industry and business process expertise, and a global, collaborative workforce that embodies the future of work. With over 100 development and delivery centres worldwide and approximately 255,800 employees as of September 30, 2016, Cognizant is a member of the NASDAQ-100, the S&P 500, the Forbes Global 2000, and the Fortune 500 and is ranked among the top performing and fastest growing companies in the world. Visit us online at www.cognizant.com or follow us on Twitter: Cognizant