Our client is a global, full service advisory firm. Their clients are industry leaders who benefit from the consulting firms deep industry and functional expertise in strategy, transaction services, operational performance and transformation management. In the UK, they focus on retail and consumer products, where they have unparalleled expertise and deep knowledge.
Their UK Private Equity and Strategy Advisory practice is expanding due to the ongoing demand for our skills. They are seeking a Manager with experience in strategy and / or M&A consulting to retail and consumer products companies to continue growing the Private Equity and Strategy practice.
The types of projects the team undertakes are:
- Commercial and operational due diligence: Recent examples of targets include a European fashion brand, branded food manufacturer and retail services firm
- Operational improvement projects for private equity portfolio companies: A recent example is redesigning the merchandising and planning processes for a European department store
- Strategy projects for retail and consumer corporates and portfolio companies: Some examples include developing an international expansion strategy for a consumer goods company and developing a go-to-market strategy for an innovative new product
Because of the flexible and collaborative way that they work your remit may not be confined to projects in the Private Equity and Strategy area; you could also be involved in projects on retail operations, digital transformation, buying and merchandising or supply chain management, all of which allow you to more fully develop your consulting capabilities and expertise
The projects will be challenging and exciting; they certainly won’t be predictable. You’ll be expected to initiate, manage and maintain senior internal and client contacts, and to understand and scope client challenges and potential solutions to both deliver and sell.
Managing projects: Assume full responsibility for successful execution of projects Manage the team and the broader client team to complete projects to the high standards for which the client is known Liaise with the client to ensure expectations and requirements are fully met or exceeded. Coach the client team members to develop the skills and knowledge required for successful project outcomes
Practice development: Develop thought leadership white papers and other marketing collateral to promote them as the go-to consultancy for Private Equity and Strategy in the retail and consumer space Work closely with their Private Equity practices in the U.S. and other markets not only on global projects but also to facilitate sharing of industry knowledge and best practices Develop and document new methodologies for approaching client problems and support the training of consultants As part of the business leadership team, help to set the direction of the business and drive it forward
Business development: Generate leads, contacts and new business by networking, attending events and identifying opportunities Act as a key constituent in the sales process by drafting presentations and proposals and presenting at pitch meetings with existing and prospective clients Develop strong relationships with existing clients and ensure the quality of work delivered is consistently high in order to ensure repeat business
Candidate Experience & Qualifications
- Strong academic background with an MBA and/ or a minimum 2:1 first degree in Business, Finance or equivalent from a top university. An accounting qualification is not necessary, but would be helpful
- Direct experience managing complex strategy and/ or M&A projects and leading teams to achieve successful outcomes
- Direct experience and / or expertise in the retail and consumer sector
- Experience in the Private Equity practice of a consulting firm, or in an M&A advisory
- Strategy/ business development experience within a major retailer or consumer goods company would be an advantage
- Proven business development experience in a consulting environment or similar
- High levels of personal motivation, presence and energy and a strong ability to communicate at all levels
- Outstanding written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate complex problems or solutions in a way in which they are quickly understood
- A genuine passion for retail and consumer products is essential
Please send your CV to email@example.com
To apply by email to this position, please send your CV and covering letter to the following link:firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting reference number:TC001
NB: Mindbench is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy