Would you like to help shape the future of a business with iconic products and truly international reach? Our client is a trusted partner of governments and enterprises, bringing trust and authenticity to transactions and products. They build security and value through ingenious designs, novel material conversion and digital solutions.
Purpose of Job:
To lead and support the existing Product Lines and drive the execution of strategy of this key product to drive profitable growth. Role scope includes strategic planning, marketing plans, roadmap development and ownership. There will be a significant focus on analysis including pricing, competitor and feature analysis and cost down initiatives and using these data to make informed investment and new product development decisions.
The role holder will work effectively with cross-functional teams to create targeted value propositions and go to market plans with specific focus on market definition, distribution strategy, pricing, positioning and customer personas that differentiate the client.
Able to both influence and drive activity across the organisation, the Product Line Manager will work with key stakeholders to ensure the product line performance is in line with operational and financial objectives and KPIs, supporting the Product Marketing Director with product business reviews as directed.
· Be fully conversant with latest market research including the ongoing analysis of market changes, customer and competitor activities and competing product developments relevant to our product offering
· Collate, analyse and draw insights from the research to inform strategy, roadmap and product decisions
Product Strategy & Roadmap
- Play a key role in the development of the product strategy (markets, product roadmap and technology, channels and partners).
- Based on market insight, work with the Product Marketing Technology Team to develop and evolve the product proposition and roadmap to create competitive advantage
- Develop strategic supplier & partner relationships to enhance the market offerings of the product portfolio working closely with key stakeholders across the business
- Set clear market and business-driven priorities to optimise roadmap against available development capability and capacity
- Utilise detailed analytics to support development of appropriate business cases for new product development. Able to present analytical data in a concise and coherent manner both internally and externally
- Work with finance and commercial teams to ensure pricing points are correct and integrated into the system
- Work with pre-sales and key partners to support commercial and strategic sales tenders and bids
- Analyse strategic tenders, understand customer product requirements and based on roadmap priorities & development capabilities, define the product requirements response
- Work with the marketing team to ensure sales teams are effectively skilled and knowledgeable about product features, benefits and commercials through close working relationships, training, demos and product collateral as required
- Support the Product Marketing Director in steering the business to achieve contribution margins for the product line
- Proactively manage stakeholders within the R&D team, commercial department, sales and delivery teams, to ensure collaboration in achieving desired results
- Provide consultancy and support to other team members so that, where appropriate, complement each other in combined product and service offerings
- Will be expected to interact with both internal and external stakeholders at senior level.
- Degree qualified or equivalent, preferably in a business and/or marketing discipline
- Must have advanced Microsoft Excel working knowledge
- Strong analytical and data interpretation skills required
- Relevant experience in a product marketing role of a comparable level and complexity to the area of responsibility will be a distinct advantage
- Proven ability to build strategic partnerships to define and develop complex product offerings
- Proven ability to effectively communicate at all levels in written & verbal format
- Able to develop effective cross functional working relationships, with demonstrable ability to influence and negotiate.
- Proven experience in producing effective marketing plans, with experience in setting, driving delivery and launch of Product Roadmaps
- Knowledge of financial components of product & marketing management
- Able to converse effectively with technical teams whilst also comfortable in a more commercial customer-facing position
- Strong customer focus and commercial acumen
- Assertive and persuasive, with the ability to present with dynamism at all levels
- Creative problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, frequently varying environment
Please send your CV to email@example.com
To apply by email to this position, please send your CV and covering letter to the following link:firstname.lastname@example.org
NB: Mindbench is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy