Our client is seeking a highly skilled Product Manager in London to lead the development of their finance product for Private Equity. The ideal candidate with have exemplary knowledge of the requirements of the operations of the Private Equity industry and will understand the best practices that are employed across the market. It is expected that the candidate will be able to discuss business matters with a wide range of key stakeholders both internally and externally, and translate market trends into a leading product.
Our client specialises in portfolio company management solutions for the Private Equity and Venture Capital industry. Based in the UK with offices in New York, London, Austin, Singapore and Buenos Aires, they bring significant consulting expertise in combination with technology competency. Their product architecture and design provides our clients with a flexible and cost efficient method for performance monitoring, reporting and valuations.
Objectives of the Position
The Product Manager will take on responsibility for strategic direction of the software and work with their engineering team to deliver solutions to meet client expectations. They will be part of the senior management team of the company and report directly into the CEO.
- Meets with clients to better understand and express needs/ requirements
- Attends industry events to represent the business and deliver thought leadership
- Identify current and future market trends and customer needs and develop a market leading product strategy
- Translate strategy into actionable requirements for development
- Manages the product roadmap and release schedule in collaboration with the VP of Engineering
- Collaborates with marketing to define key product messaging
- Manage final quality assurance
- High level of industry knowledge particularly focused on the back/middle office operational requirements of the GP house.
- Knowledge, experience and proven successful track record of product management of software solutions preferable
- Proven track record in building effective relationships with development, implementing industry standard best practices and delivering consistently across geographical locations.
- Able to apply information, insights and knowledge in a structured way and propose practical options
Qualifications and Requirements
- Experience in Private Equity, ideally in information systems operations environment
- ACCA, CFA, MBA, CAIA or finance degree preferred
- Experience in Software product management role
- Agile experience preferred
- A fast-growing, innovative company with room for your professional growth aligned with a market leading brand in the industry
- The opportunity to challenge yourself while shaping the future of a company
- A modern workplace and occasionally work from home
- Energetic office with a foundation in innovation and an entrepreneurial spirit
- Location: London (free gym and swimming pool within office complex)
- 24 days holiday per year (excluding bank holidays)
- Standard working hours (full-time 9.00am – 6.00pm with one hour lunch break, Monday to Friday)
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply by email to this position, please send your CV and covering letter to the following link:email@example.com
NB: Mindbench is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy