Our client is undertaking a programme of change to enable it to continue to deliver excellent services to the city and its citizens within reducing resource. The programme includes:
- updated corporate priorities and strategies to ensure maximum impact from all that we do
- organisational changes including the in-sourcing of our asset management and maintenance joint ventures
- a programme of customer journey mapping to support process and structure change within the council and ensure our customers are at the heart of what we do
- further development of our commercial programme, in particular around commercial property, to generate income to pay for service delivery
- a culture change programme, to support our staff to work more effectively together
- changes to our IT infrastructure to support the wider programme
A small team is being created to deliver projects/work streams within this programme (comprising both permanent and interim staff). An experienced interim programme/change manager is required for 6 months to help establish and map-out the overall programme, as well as to oversee the implementation of individual projects within the programme.
Outcomes to be delivered:
- Build the programme, identifying required work streams, resources, key dependencies and milestones, establishing appropriate governance and reporting processes and creating fit-for-purpose programme documentation , in discussion with the client
- Develop the emerging business case and benefits realisation plan for the overall programme, and for individual projects, in collaboration with LGSS Finance and Corporate Leadership Team.
- Oversee the delivery of the programme to an appropriate milestone as agreed with the .client working with both permanent Council staff as well as interim project managers.
- Provide an end of contract report on i) progress against the programme, ii)major risks or issues to the programme, and iii) professional advice on the way programme management tools and techniques are used in the council,including proposals for improvement.
- Delivery of other relevant work as agreed with the client.
Delivery of the work outcomes:
The interim consultant should provide a timetable showing work tasks that s/he will undertake to successfully deliver the outcomes, within three weeks of commencing the contract. This will be agreed with the client and updated on a monthly basis. The work plan should clearly show all dependencies and inputs/resources required from the client as well as the frequency of progress meetings with the client manager.
The consultant has the flexibility to determine where the work is undertaken but the client does require a significant on-site presence with all required meetings needed to deliver the outcomes to be based at the client’s offices.
Skills, experiences and knowledge required from the consultant:
Project/programme management qualifications
Knowledge of business process engineering, lean, six sigma etc
Experience of establishing and successfully delivering a significant corporate change programme within a large complex organisation
Experience of working within the public sector desirable
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply by email to this position, please send your CV and covering letter to the following link:email@example.com
NB: Mindbench is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy