Our client is an international education charity. Their work is growing and they are currently hiring for their development centre. The development centre team is responsible for the design and development of large-scale high impact projects and programmes that will support their mission; to deliver high quality solutions that improve education systems, transforming the life chances of young people globally.
The key purpose of the role is to play a significant role within the development centre team to secure new and profitable business for the organisaton through providing high quality leadership for bids for new high value business opportunities. This will focus on one specific geographic region, overseen by their assigned Regional Director and providing support to them for high-level regional strategy and CRM. This includes taking responsibility for the management of high-value bid submissions, covering pre-positioning, education solution design, partnership management, bid writing and managing bid teams – including internal colleagues and consultants. The senior Business Development Consultant will also analyse potential new markets for the organisation including competitor and client reviews and will manage internal and team projects.
1. Lead on the conceptual design of education solutions underpinning high-value and strategically important new opportunities;
2. Lead, manage and quality assure new business opportunities, being responsible and accountable for the successful production of high-quality bid submissions for high value opportunities in the region;
3. Managing complex, international multi-disciplinary bid teams including internal stakeholders - e.g. colleagues from Business Units, Business Services, Commercial, Research & Consultancy and Resourcing - and external partners;
4. Lead or contribute to negotiations with external organisations to form partnerships for joint bids for new business opportunities. Represent the organisation in collaborative work with external partners during the bidding process;
5. Working with the Regional Director, ensuring the organisation is well positioned and prepared for the formal pre-procurement, procurement and mobilisation phases of new opportunities, including the production of policy and thought-leadership articles where required;
6. Support client relationship management for an identified geography, supporting the Regional Director to achieve their strategic growth and Key Account plans.
7. Manage the strategic analysis of market information including client and competitor reviews to support the design, implementation and regular review of an identified Regional Growth Strategy, supporting the Regional Directors and Head of Business Development.
8. Work closely with the Research & Consultancy team in the development of their intellectual property and design of new services;
9. Develop and maintain highly effective working relationships with key internal stakeholders e.g. Regional Directors, Director for Research & Consultancy, Heads of Business Services etc.
10. Support internal consulting and improvement projects intended to improve the performance of the Development Centre.
The Senior Development Consultant will be required to travel nationally and internationally as required for opportunity development purposes. The role is likely to involve working outside of standard work hours during the formal procurement phase of new opportunities.
• Strong knowledge of at least three of the organisatin core markets, covering key proposition areas and/or geographies
• Good political and strategic awareness of education context in at least one of our current geographies (UK, Middle East and North Africa, Asia, Sub Saharan Africa)
• Good knowledge of public procurement and sales processes
• Strong understanding of education system key function and features
Good degree in an appropriate academic subject – 2:1 or above
• Post-graduate qualification
• Professional experience in consultancy, professional services, programme management, relevant business development or education management environment
• Strong experience of at least two of: project management, strategy, change management, organisation design, process improvement, Client Relationship Management, partnership / stakeholder management
• Experience of managing stakeholder relationships
• Experience of successful programme / project design
• Experience of successful business development, including successful contract bidding
• Experience working in the education sector
• Experience of working on programme or opportunity development in a non-UK context
• Experience of working in development of new services or policy context
• Good operational design and management skills
• Strong stakeholder engagement and interpersonal communication skills
• Strong analytical skills
• Strong problem solving and creativity
• Excellent writing skills, specifically relating to client communication
• Ability to draw up client ready solutions that meet commercial and operational expectations
• Numerate with the ability to analyse complex sources of evidence
• Strong IT skills and highly effective use of MS Office applications
• Good presentation and client engagement skills
• Excellent written and spoken English
• Strong ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines
• Excellent team working, cooperation and influencing skills
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply by email to this position, please send your CV and covering letter to the following link:email@example.com
NB: Mindbench is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy