Our client is a leading international education charity. Their role is to transform lives by improving education around the world.
To apply by email to this position, please send your CV and covering letter to the following link:email@example.comTCEduation strategy
The team for which this role would be working is responsible for the design and development of large-scale high impact projects and programmes that will support their mission to delivery high quality solutions that improve education systems, transforming the life changes of young people globally. Their key purpose within the team is to play a leading role securing new, high-value and strategically important opportunities for the services group. This will be achieved through providing leadership for the identification, cultivation and winning of new contract opportunities, taking ownership for the full opportunity life-cycle. This will focus on one specific geographic region, overseen by the assigned regional director and providing support to them for high-level regional strategy and CRM. The Strategic Development Consultant will also support the wider development of the development centre team process, including the management of internal and team projects.
1. Lead on the conceptual design of education solutions underpinning high-value and strategically important new opportunities.
2. Provide strategic support for regional directors to identify new business opportunities as required to support their growth strategy within the region.
3. Lead, manage and quality assure new business opportunities, being responsible and accountable for the successful production of high-quality bid submissions for high value opportunities in the region;
4. Managing complex, international multi-disciplinary bid teams including internal stakeholders - e.g. colleagues from business units, business services, commercial, research & consultancy and resourcing - and external partners;
5. Lead or contribute to negotiations with external organisations to form partnerships for joint bids for new business opportunities. Represent the client in collaborative work with external partners during the bidding process;
6. Working with the regional director, ensuring the client is well positioned and prepared for the formal pre-procurement, procurement and mobilization phases of new opportunities, including the production of policy and thought-leadership articles where required;
7. Undertake key client relationship management for an identified geography, supporting the Regional Director to achieve their strategic growth and key account plans.
8. Manage the strategic analysis of market information including client and competitor reviews to support the design, implementation and regular review of an identified Regional Growth Strategy, supporting the regional directors and the head of business development.
9. Work closely with the research & consultancy team in the development of the trust's intellectual property and design of new services;
10. Develop and maintain highly effective working relationships with key internal stakeholders e.g. regional directors, director for research & consultancy, heads of business services etc.
11. Manage internal consulting and improvement projects intended to improve the performance of the development centre.
12. Provide day to day supervision to development consultants to ensure that bids are supported appropriately, and provide coaching and mentoring as required to ensure that the development consultants develop their professional expertise and capability.
13. Line manage staff in the development centre where required / appropriate
- Strong knowledge of at least three of Education Development Trust’s core markets, covering key proposition areas and/or geographies
- Excellent political and strategic awareness of education context in at least one of our current geographies (UK, Middle East and North Africa, Asia, Sub Saharan Africa)
- Strong knowledge of public procurement and sales processes
- Strong understanding of education system key function and features
- Good degree in an appropriate academic subject – 2:1 or above
- Post-graduate qualification
- Professional experience in consultancy, professional services, programme management, relevant business development or education management environment
- Significant experience of at least two of: project management, strategy, change management, organisation design, process improvement, Client Relationship Management, partnership / stakeholder management
- Strong experience of managing stakeholder relationships
- Strong experience of successful programme / project design
- Experience of successful business development, including successful contract bidding
- Experience working in the education sector
- Experience of working on programme or opportunity development in a non-UK context
- Experience of working in development of new services or policy context
- Outstanding operational design and management skills
- Excellent stakeholder engagement and interpersonal skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- Excellent problem solving skills and creativity
- Excellent writing skills, specifically relating to client communication
- Numerate with the ability to analyse complex sources of evidence and understand commercial programme design considerations
- Strong IT skills and highly effective use of MS Office applications
- Excellent presentation and client engagement skills
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Strong ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines
- Excellent team working, cooperation and influencing skills
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
NB: Mindbench is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy