We are seeking a Service Delivery Director to join our Multi-Service Integration group (MSI) at Cognizant. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone with solid experience in end-to-end operational service delivery and programme management, resource management, vendor management, and senior-level client management.
MSI ensures successful deal pursuit, solutioning and end-to-end delivery of large multi-tower engagements. The team takes complete ownership of engagement success from solutioning through delivery. We offer fantastic opportunities to work with some of the fastest moving, well recognised brands in the world, across all industries.
The successful candidate will plan, monitor, govern and review a strategic programme with multiple projects across service lines with sole accountability for delivery and senior client satisfaction. The objective will be to achieve the defined benefits for the larger program within client guidelines as per estimated timelines and budgetary constraints.
Key responsibilities will involve:
- Drive consensus between various client stakeholders as needed to facilitate the conversion of program's vision and ideas into program deliverables. Identify stakeholders and set up steering committee with the CxO; Validate lifecycle methodology of various projects as developed by the Program Managers
- Ensure successful delivery. Facilitate cross project collaboration where dependencies are encountered. Liaise and manage collaboration between horizontals, service lines to bring in synergies and ensure successful delivery
- Track and support the activities of program teams to ensure quality and timeliness of program execution
- Ensure achievement of program goals and metrics; provide insights on cost cutting for delivery activities
- Report to our internal senior management or Leadership teams on the overall engagement (across different dimensions like delivery, bid management, staffing, financials & Operations etc.)
- Responsible for reporting SLAs, metrics and other critical hygiene factors that impact the Account
- Provide support to the Other Program Manager in handling the team; provide mentorship to Program Managers and develop the next in line
- Act as a SPOC for the program with the client CXO suite; build a strong relationship with the client
- Engage with the client to build an eco-system of partners and generate awareness about shared risks, accountability and rewards
- Apprise the steering committee about the delivery status during meetings; resolve escalated issues
- Interact with clients to understand their needs; leverage opportunities to understand and provide inputs / direction on their IT / Business roadmap to provide mindshare and visibility in to the CXO charters
- Analyze the value add from the program perspective for program retention and additional areas within the program where Cognizant can grow
- Assist Client Service Executives/Client Partner in related business development activities to grow mindshare and market share in the account
- Initiate scope / deliverable changes, if required; interact with stakeholders to resolve escalations for any change / control initiative (initiated by the Program Managers)
- Develop the program level statement of work changes; provide support to the individual Program Manager(s) in case of client initiated change / internally identified change, as required
- Communicate potential 'significant change’, which are identified, to the entire external stakeholder community (business and IT sponsors from the client).
Experience and skills required:
- Relevant background from an IT or management consultancy
- Solid experience in large sized Program Management roles
- Previous experience in managing large engagements or portfolio of customer engagements including multiple service lines
- Should be aware of how strategies and tactics work in the client’s environment with knowledge of Cognizant’s competitors as well as broad drivers in client’s business
- Hands-on experience in handling large organization wide transformational programs
- Experience in handling projects with varied service requirements across Development, Support, Migration etc., would be a key enabler
- Expected to have high level technical & functional knowledge to explain business problems to Cognizant internal teams and cascade information in most lucid form
- Strong Exposure to SDLC and Agile methodologies
- Should have excellent presentation and communications skills
- Good analytical and negotiation skills
- Has worked independently to manage the engagements and respective stakeholders
- Has owned engagements end to end - Timelines, Deliverables, Budgets/Financials and Metrics
- Experience in Utilities industry delivering IT Services would be an added advantage
- Prior exposure to onsite-offshore delivery models (global service delivery)
- Flexibility to travel across the UK and (occasionally) further.
To apply for this role please CLICK HERE.
Cognizant (NASDAQ: CTSH) is a leading provider of information technology, consulting, and business process outsourcing services, dedicated to helping the world's leading companies build stronger businesses. Headquartered in Teaneck, New Jersey (U.S.), Cognizant combines a passion for client satisfaction, technology innovation, deep industry and business process expertise, and a global, collaborative workforce that embodies the future of work. With over 100 development and delivery centres worldwide and approximately 255,800 employees (2016 Q3), Cognizant is a member of the NASDAQ-100, the S&P 500, the Forbes Global 2000, and the Fortune 500 and is ranked among the top performing and fastest growing companies in the world. Visit us online at http://www.cognizant.com/ or follow us on Twitter: Cognizant