At Typhoon Consulting we are constantly looking for top talent. If you are with a large firm in the UK, but would like to join a very different consulting firm, then please get in touch using the details below.
Director, Technology Services
This specific role is for a senior technology consultant who wants to join a very different consulting firm, and help shape both our technology offer and our overall business.
Who we are
We are a global consulting firm with a difference. We were founded in Asia, but have grown to operate in Hong Kong, China, the UK, and Germany. We are proud of our heritage, and we don’t know of any other Asian consulting firm that has successfully moved West. We are mostly ex-large firm, and have joined Typhoon to do things differently – focused on building a fun, high performing team that is obsessive about delivering exceptional Client service and satisfaction.
What we do
In terms of our work, we simplify complex change: making it easier to define, plan and deliver that change – and we work with our Clients to make the benefits real. We are also straightforward, and believe in describing things in plain English (or plain Mandarin, Cantonese, or German…).
We are good at what we do (although we may be biased on this) – Most of us have worked in the Big 4 or other large consulting firms, but have joined Typhoon to do things differently.
The most important thing for us as we grow is to build long-term relationships that are based on mutual trust and respect: with our Clients and with our consultants. Above all, everyone in Typhoon has a shared interest in our Clients' success – we will act in the interests of our Clients even if it hurts to do so.
How we do it
We are a values-based business, where personal fit is just as important as capability. Our four values are part of our DNA:
- Integrity – We are loyal and act in the best interests of our team and our Clients. We believe that our Client’s success will drive our own;
- Pride – We are proud of our people, our Clients, our quality and our long-term relationships – we care deeply about them, and without them, we have no business;
- Inclusivity – We explore all options, use our collective experience to best effect, and we understand and consider each others’ personal preferences and backgrounds;
- Fun – We celebrate our successes, learn from our failures, and create a safe and collaborative environment for our people and our teams. Above all, we don’t take ourselves too seriously.
What we do for each other
The bar is high, as you joining Typhoon is a big decision for you and for us. If you do join our team, we will give you:
- Exciting Work – We may be a small consulting firm, but we work with some of the world’s largest firms and help them solve incredibly complex, global problems. We encourage our consultants to be entrepreneurs and take the firm into new capability areas, clients, markets and geographies. Our team has the opportunity to build a business bottom up, and build a firm that we can all be proud of.
- Opportunity – We only hire the most talented consultants, and give our team unlimited opportunity to provide input to our business and to make a difference. Everyone plays a crucial role in helping to shape and build our brand.
- Growth and Development – We believe in developing ourselves and each other, and our consultants support each other at all times. We give as much responsibility as you want, as early as possible in your career. Every member of the team has a voice – and it will be heard. We have ambitious growth plans, and expect to open new offices in Asia Pacific, Europe, and beyond.
- A great company to work for – We love what we do, and it is a pleasure to come to work. We are proud of what we have achieved so far, and are excited about the future. Our culture is everything to us – We have a great team working together for our success, we care about our people, and we are a fun place to work. Life is just too short!
We are supporting a number of our Clients in transforming their IT Infrastructure in support of Digital transformation, from Infratrsucture design through to SIAM processes and Cloud-basd data centre services.
To support this, we need to hire an outstanding Infrastructure Architect to work with our Consultants and our Clients.
The successful candidate will take a leading role in our global consulting business:
- Shaping and supporting our technology consulting propositions
- Developing and publishing thought leadership on IT Transformation, IT Infrastructure, and Digital Transformation
- Leading technology-driven engagements on Clients in the UK and Mainland Europe
- Supporting technology-driven engagements in Asia and other Regions as we grow
- Providing specific technology advisory support to our Clients, with a focus on IT Infratrsucture Transformation
- Acting as a technology coach, mentor, and advisor for our Consultants
You will have:
- Experience in leading a team providing Infrastructure architectural, strategic and governance, ideally gained in top tier management consulting firms
- Proven experience with Infrastructure as a Portfolio, and in Strategy and Roadmap creation and lifecycle
- Ability to manage teams across multiple sites/countries, creating a sense of teamwork with disparate members of project teams that may include multiple third parties
- Excellent communication, presentation, relationship and stakeholder management
- Significant experience in in solving business problems through delivering value added technical solutions with an excellent breadth of thinking
- Able to provide pragmatic solutions that consider all relevant constraints whether technical, financial, organisational, risk, or capability based.
- Demonstrate up-to-date industry knowledge regarding industry trends and emerging technologies in anticipation of new business processes and system alterations and how these can be applied Thomas Cook
- Travel or Retail Industry knowledge is advantageous
- Experience with working with a European delivery model and working with geographically disperse solution teams
- Strong analytical mind with excellent problem solving skills
- Subject Matter Expertise across multiple of the following Infrastructure domains:
- Data Centre (Facilities, Regional Hubs, Security)
- Server (Hardware, Hypervisor, Operating System)
- Storage (SAN, NAS, Backup/Restore, Archive)
- Network (LAN, WAN, Wi-Fi, Proxy)
- Telephony (E-Mail, VoIP, IVRS, PABX, IM, Presence)
- End User (PC, BYOD, VDI, Application)
- Database (e.g. DB Farms, OLTP, OALP, Data Warehousing)
- Integration (e.g. Web Server, Messaging, ESB)
- Agile Infrastructure (e.g. Containers, DevOPS, Orchestration, Automation)
- Security (IDS/IPS, Proxy, Network Access Control, , Identity Access Management, Industry Standards)
- Cloud (Public, Private, Virtual Private, Hybrid)
- PhD in Computer Science, other relevant field or equivalent experience
- TOGAF (or similar) architecture framework certification
- At least 10 years industry experience
This is a key role in our team, with a benefits package to match:
- Salary from £90,000 to £105,000 dependent on experience
- Quarterly Bonus based on personal and company performance
- Private Healthcare
- Contributory Pension
- 25 days annual leave
How to apply:
Please send your current CV to email@example.com.
In your email, please describe what your perfect consulting firm would look and feel like. We cannot promise to be perfect but we’ll do our best, and we’d like to understand where you would like to take us.
Closing date for applications is 10th July, 2017.
To apply by email to this position, please send your CV and covering letter to the following link:firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting reference number:TCTC_EUCons