Our client imagines, prototypes and deploys high-performing, branded services and experiences for their customers. Their our projects change people too. They understand how being part of a ‘design-led’ project helped teams and organisations get new services and experiences out there into the world faster and with greater focus. They have build a practice that combines creative people and change people into a team of ‘effective creatives’.
They are now looking for someone with change consulting skills who’s excited by the idea of working within a creative and customer-driven business.Your primary responsibility is to work with Client organisations to ensure the client organisation is ready and able to accept the change required by the design. You are a highly competent accomplished consultant and trusted adviser and you ensure clients get more to market faster.
You will be an expert in successfully managing change and most importantly create the right environment for change to be successfully embedded.
Outcome focused – You will continually monitor and check the design solution will meet the client requirements that will ensure the design can be implemented. You will define the change approach to make sure the cultural change needs are addressed. You will ensure that the required project outcomes are met.
You will be responsible for delivering all design-led change outputs (including, for example, design and change readiness report, stakeholder analysis and engagement plans, capability summary, enablers, requirements, benefits case, design and change approach, pilot process and roadmap).
Case for change
You will be responsible for building relationships and working with stakeholders within the client oragnisation and alongside the client to create the case for change. Responsible for ensuring that senior stakeholders client-side understand the strategic story, case for change and related benefits for the change. You’ll define ways to baseline and measure value created or eroded over time.
You will be a strong advocate for the business value of design and take every opportunity to promote this within client and other organisations. You’re able to help clients see the value of the proposition, design-led process and way of working, even when they are not familiar with design.
Creating the right conditions
You will work with the client stakeholders to understand and represent their needs. You will be responsible for ensuring that the client organisation’s needs, boundaries and limitations are identified and reflected in the final design. You will be responsible for assessing what is required in the client organisation to enable the change to be accepted. You will be responsible for identifying any cultural change requirements related to the design. You will scope and define pilots and implementation programmes where the design intent is maintained across work streams.
You will be a key part of building the design-led change capability and developing specific parts of the proposition. You will continually review methodologies, outputs and processes used within the design-led change process, ensure they reflect best practise and enable clients to get more to market faster. You will ensure that there is a standardised set of ‘change’ outputs and output descriptions.
The type of person you will need to be
You show you care
You can empathise and respond to the pressure others are under. You can adapt and match your approach to work with different kinds of people. You are reliable and trustworthy.
You take the lead
You can recognise the need to take people on a journey with you and have a variety of ways you can do this. You can form a clear point of view and direction. You show you can find the right ways to motivate and influence others.
You focus on the outcome
You understand or can determine what will make a piece of work hit the intended outcome. You can adjust your priorities and focus tasks on achieving the true outcome of the project. You can keep others focused on the right outcome.
You make it better
You can spot and act on opportunities to improve things. You can persuade others of the need to improve something and get them onside. You are comfortable giving and receiving feedback and recognise others’ good work.
You inspire and enable others
You can inspire others with the quality of your thinking and ideas, along with the conviction you have in them. You can influence and motivate those around you to act towards the best outcome. You share the challenge of getting something done.
- You're an accomplished consultant with a track record of successful project delivery. Experience with managing programmes of change for transformation projects where an ambitious vision and strategy have been set and need to be delivered.
- You have experience in delivering change within a customer experience programme or to drive tangible customer outcomes.
- You’re constantly seeking to understand customers, and where value is created and eroded for them and the businesses that serve them.
- You seek to put yourself in the shoes of your client – to anticipate, recognise and meet their needs, understand their perspectives and offer appropriate leadership and support.
- You are an expert in change methodologies and business readiness tools and processes, including developing communications strategies and plans, change plans and change tracking.
- You’ve excellent skills in storytelling, facilitation and stakeholder engagement, how to scope and influence process and system design, change management, requirements definition, implementation scoping and planning, and programme management.
- You can successfully find the ‘sweet spot’ between creative and management approaches to solve complex design and implementation problems.
Please send your CV to email@example.com
To apply by email to this position, please send your CV and covering letter to the following link:firstname.lastname@example.orgTC001
NB: Mindbench is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy