Our client is transforming the way that people and cargo are moved around urban and rural environments. They are expanding rapidly and have plans to grow significantly further in the next 12 months.
Since they launched, they have made great progress across the two parts of their business, recently being named one of the top 10 most promising start-ups in the UK. Within their infrastructure business, they have partnered with one of the world’s leading air-taxi manufacturers, to build the the world’s first docking developed exclusively for electric air-taxis. In addition, we have opened offices in Los Angeles and Singapore expand our international operations. We have also secured several landing sites in London ready to build landing and take-off infrastructure for the Urban Air Mobility revolution. Within their drone deliveries business, they recently launched the UK’s first medical drone delivery service helping the NHS in Scotland to respond to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Their drones can carry 6kg up to 100km, offering a game-changing improvement to the transport of small, high-value cargo. These drones are being utilised on projects with partners in the health, logistics and e-commerce sectors such as the NHS, major logistics companies and not-for-profits.
They are backed by world leading investors.
Role Description and Our Culture
They have an exciting opportunity for a Project Manager to join their London-based office. This role will report to their Head of Operations. You will oversee the implementation of their drone delivery and infrastructure projects, as well as assist with business development activities. Their projects are complex, requiring careful management of internal resource and external suppliers across technology, regulation and operations. Their projects are rapidly developing and changing. You must be comfortable with change and changing your priorities at short notice. This is not a “set and monitor” project manager role. Additionally they want this role to assist their Head of Regulations, Policy and Communications with the creation and implementation of their Marketing Strategy. You will join a small, highly-motivated team in a dynamic company. You will be expected to own your responsibilities and make the role your own. They are looking for people who can demonstrate initiative, creativity, problem solving abilities, attention to detail and an amazing ability to achieve results.
Role and Responsibilities
Project Management (60%)
· Oversee the scoping and implementation of drone deliveries projects.
· Working to tight timeframes, monitor workpackages including technology development, flight operations, customer management and regulation.
· Create budgets and monitor actuals against budget, with an eye for cost savings and revenue improvements.
· Pro-actively identify improvements in how they manage their projects.
· Liaise with suppliers and partners and be prepared to have tough conversations.
· Travel at short notice to get a key milestone over the line.
· Assist Management with Board Reporting and similar documents.
Business Development (30%)
· Guiding inbound enquiries through our scoping process.
· Creating and implementing the business development strategy.
· Assist their Head of Regulations, Policy and Communications with the creation and implementation of our Marketing Strategy, including social media and website management.
Person Specification Experience:
· You have a strong background in project management, consulting or business development
· Demonstrable experience of managing complex, rapidly developing projects with multiple stakeholders
· Demonstrable experience of managing difficult stakeholders
· Demonstratable experience working in a commercial environment, in order to contribute to business development activities
· Strong time management and prioritisation skills
· A sixth sense for when you think a project is not on track
· Strong written and verbal communications skills
· Excellent attention to detail. Do not underestimate the importance that we put on this.
· Ability to communicate with a range of people from diverse backgrounds and cultures
· Ability to build and maintain highly effective working relationships with a range of people
· Ability to develop creative ideas and transform them into practical reality
· Fluency in English
· Budget management
· Proficiency with IT packages, particularly Microsoft PowerPoint
· A self-starter
· Strategically minded
· Commercially driven
· Adaptable to rapidly changing situations and dynamic environments
· Comfortable working your way through ambiguity
· Naturally collaborative
· Possess a constant willingness to learn
· Be willing to challenge
· Ability to meet demanding and often conflicting deadlines
· Creative thinker
· A competitive salary
· Equity – we want everyone to think and act like the owner they are
· Statutory pension scheme
· Opportunity to travel
· A unique exciting fast-paced working environment
· Opportunity to transform transportation
To apply by email to this position, please send your CV and covering letter to the following link:firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting reference number:TCdrone strategy
NB: Mindbench is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy