CLICK HERE TO APPLY
Digital Client Service Executive (CSE) within the Energy and Utilities sector
Today’s Digital innovators are winning with a new set of rules. They are redefining business models by leveraging revolutionary advances in technology and information surrounding people, processes and products — what Cognizant calls a Code Halo ™. As a result, Digital Innovation & Transformation is the strategic imperative of all forward thinking companies today. We believe that the next generation digital service provider will need to bring a highly diverse set of capabilities at scale, cutting across consulting / strategy, process optimization, design, technology, and managed services, with a strong vertical orientation. Few firms are as well positioned to thrive in this holistic model as Cognizant.
We are building a team which will comprise of seasoned industry veterans and innovative thought leaders who bring together insightful digital strategy, elegant experience strategy and design, deep industry knowledge, and foundational technology expertise to help our clients reimagine, design and build practical digital capabilities—at the speed of business.
As the next phase of growth, we are seeking a world-class sales and relationship driven leader to own pipeline generation, conversion and provide thought leadership in key digital areas within a specific client in the Energy and Utilities sector. This is an entrepreneurial opportunity to join a world class organization, lead the revenue growth phase for one of the most strategic client engagements and be a member of the core leadership team.
Digital Client Service Executive (CSE), for an Energy & Utilities Client
As a Vertical Client Service Executive Leader in one of Cognizant’s most strategically important and fastest-growing accounts, this individual will provide inspiring leadership on multiple dimensions – Digital strategy & transformation, senior client leadership, opportunity identification, pipeline ownership, and collaborative leadership within the Practice, industry verticals, and throughout Cognizant Technology Solutions.
The Digital CSE is the P&L owner for all digital engagements within a given Client Account and drives the entire sales life cycle in collaboration with pre-sales, Solutioning and Delivery teams.
This Leader defines the opportunity space for digital collaboration with their Client, based on a strategic framework, priorities and specific solutions required to deliver against identified business opportunities from a client, their needs, and specific business and marketing goals.
The successful candidate will have a demonstrated track record in digital strategy & broad Business (Industry or Horizontal) perspective and involves working closely with Cognizant’s BU’s client, accounts market and solution teams to support brand building, value proposition development and lead generation initiatives. The candidate will have good working knowledge across digital services, covering digital strategy, UI/UX, Design principles, data & analytics, engineering & implementation across mobile, web and enterprise systems. This individual must be comfortable working in a heavy cross functional, matrixed organization and be able to drive both strategic and tactical implementations across the BU.
Role and Responsibilities
- Lead Digital vision and offerings for the clients to re-imagine their business from the outside-in; with a focus on industry specific experience in digital strategy development and execution.
- Collaborate with the Central Digital Business team to create digital products and services for the BU and can be applied to other industries.
- Create Industry or Horizontal business specific frameworks, e.g. Digital customer lifecycle, business reference architectures, customer journey maps and transformation lead business case.
- Manage and grow the Client’s Digital pipeline
- Drive revenue by scoping, structuring, and leading digital engagements for the Client
- Publish thought leadership across multiple channels, e.g. Cognizant white papers, company intranet, articles in business and Industry or Horizontal–specific publications, speaking engagements, social media (Twitter, blogs, LinkedIn, etc).
- Work closely with the BU Leadership Team to define and drive the digital transformation strategy and service offering for the Industry or Horizontal; lead and play a hands-on role in client engagement.
- Provide strategic leadership and be hands-on in developing digital transformation strategy to extract more value from commercial relationships.
- Work closely with Cognizant’s consulting, technology, design, data analytics and foundational technology teams to ensure support for leading edge digital transformation offerings.
- Experience in a Digital leadership role focused on identifying growth opportunities.
- Digital focused strategy & revenue generation experience; experience with large, complex digital strategy & transformation programs that deliver demonstrative business value, data driven insight, improved operational efficiencies, and new forms of user experiences and engagement.
- Experience with a consulting firm and/or digital agency working within and leading large, diverse teams.
- Experience delivering major transformation initiatives in business, operations and technology to the Global Fortune 500 ideally in Energy, Utilities, Manufacturing or Logistics.
- Expert knowledge of digital strategy and digital technology capabilities.
- Proven track record in building out best-in-class service offerings within the realities of the organization that includes a fully-fledged strategy, transformation framework and actionable roadmap.
- Ability to work with supporting solution teams, creating business and technology architectures and owning it end to end from conceptualization to conversion to execution
- Proven experience in identifying large, strategic, digital, opportunities and closing them in a complex business and marketing environment.
- Strong understanding of user research, user-centered design principles, web content management and portals, omni-channel development, e-commerce, digital marketing, data analytics and online user behavior.
- Must possess rigorous analytical disciplined approach as well as dynamic, abstract problem solving skills (get to the answer via both "inspiration" and "perspiration").
- Proven ability to operate successfully in a collaborative, matrixed global organizational structure.
- Experience managing P&L and revenue targets along with the demonstrated ability to exceed such targets.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing strategic digital concepts to all audiences
- Travel may be required between London and the Midlands
- Minimum Bachelor’s level degree
- Extensive work with the C-suite and executive teams on strategy and digital innovation.
- Ability to rapidly frame business challenges and develop logical approaches leveraging digital capabilities.
- Business Acumen and demonstrated depth and breadth of experience in Energy and Utilities sector
- Demonstrated success driving organizational change within client organizations - past experience in organizational design consulting, process design and optimization, digital governance, and team dynamics are considered a strong plus.
- Strong interpersonal skills as team leader and team player with experience managing and training.
- Superb team building skills with a predisposition to building consensuses and achieving goals through collaboration.
- Strong ability to develop strategies and thought leadership, consider multiple points of view and the impacts on strategic goals within the organization, infrastructure, teams, etc.
- Comfortable solving problems through a ‘hypothesis' driven approach using a combination of top-down and bottom-up analysis.
- A positive, results oriented style - Must have a "change agent" attitude; constantly challenging convention and pushing us and our clients toward new opportunities, approaches, ideas, perspectives, etc.
- An extremely high level of energy, sense of urgency, creativity, and decisiveness coupled with the ability/willingness to work hard and well under pressure.
- An engaging/open interpersonal style complemented by the analytical pragmatism necessary to quickly dissect highly complex issues.
- Ability to establish immediate credibility among peers, a professional who is respected for his/her intelligence and technical expertise.
- Master's Degree in Business/Management highly preferred
The successful candidate will be entrepreneurial, enterprising, collaborative and personable; Possessing gravitas, sound business acumen and strong leadership skills necessary to grow, support, and sustain this key practice.
Cognizant (NASDAQ-100: CTSH) is one of the world's leading professional services companies, transforming clients' business, operating and technology models for the digital era. Our unique industry-based, consultative approach helps clients envision, build and run more innovative and efficient businesses. Headquartered in the U.S., Cognizant is ranked 230 on the Fortune 500 and is consistently listed among the most admired companies in the world. Learn how Cognizant helps clients lead with digital at www.cognizant.com or follow us @Cognizant.