My client are a global Tier 1 Strategy Management Consultancy and their Digital Strategy team has been ranked #1 globally by 2 leading research firms. Digital has to be one of the most exciting areas in management consultancy today and you will have the opportunity to combine the robust research and analysis of traditional strategy consulting with the creativity and lean approaches deployed by the start-up community to align executives around a digital vision, and develop portfolios of initiatives which will enable them to deliver it in rapidly changing markets.
If you are a creative individual with prior experience in a commercial or advisory role, and a proven passion for digital, my client can offer you an unrivalled opportunity to accelerate your career in a fast-growing and unique part of our global team. As well as building your strategic skills through client projects across a broad spectrum of sectors, they offer the opportunity to work with some of the largest businesses in the world and to advise on some of their most pressing challenges.
Although all of projects are different, they commonly answer strategic questions including:
- What is our digital aspiration and purpose and how do I align the leaders in my business around this?
- How do I structure my business to drive growth and innovation in this context?
- How and when should I invest in digital?
Their recent engagements include:
- Developing a new commercial proposition for a global fashion brand, looking to optimise sales and engagement through digital
- Launching a digital venture for a global technology brand looking to enter the health market in the UK
- Developing the digital strategy and investment priorities for one of the largest UK County Councils, to facilitate end-to-end redesign of service delivery
- Developing a digital strategy for a leading consumer electronics brand looking to grow internationally across three continents using digital
- Working with a major transport organisation to refocus and improve the way digital services are delivered, including demonstrating how this can be achieved through prototyping and agile principles
- Establishing the Incubator, a programme to invest and grow new start-up businesses
The role is based in London, however travel will be required for client based projects. Whilst some clients are London based, you will spend time on site with regional and international clients.
A Consultant will be responsible for:
- Owning tasks/areas of analysis as part of a team: Leading on defined work packages as part of a broader client engagement, including understanding requirements, structuring the approach and driving analysis
- Research and analysis: Driving the research and analysis on client engagements, including interviewing, identifying relevant secondary resources, developing hypotheses and presenting findings
- Thought leadership: Contributing to our thought leadership programme, including undertaking primary and secondary research, interviewing third parties and contributing towards thesis generation
- Managing/manage diverse teams within an inclusive team culture where people are recognised for their contribution
Digital strategists come from all backgrounds, but to succeed you will need to be intellectually curious, demonstrate your ability to think in a logical and structured way, and be creative in your approach to problem solving.
As a consultant you will have:
- A solid academic background. 2i or 1st class degree from a top 10 University. (PhDs and Master degrees are desirable but not essential)
- Must have rapid career progression since graduating with you first bachelors degree
- Advanced numerical competency and a passion for applying it in solving complex problems
- A proven track record of applying commercial acumen to problem solving and a demonstrable passion for digital
- Minimum of 2 years working in the UK for a consultancy, digital agency or for a FTSE 250 organisation in the digital space
- The right to work in the UK. My client will not sponsor
In order to apply for these roles, please email email@example.com a word version CV and cover letter explaining why you are suitable. You can also call Rakesh on 0780 1179671 / 0207 977 7044. Rakesh is a former PwC & KPMG management consultant and has voted UK Recruiter of the Year for the last 6 years running – 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 & 2017
Consulting Point Search is a multi-award winning talent advisory and search firm, headquartered in the UK, with a global presence and network. We have specialised in management consultancy since 2003 and operate across all industry verticals and services lines. The firm was founded by ‘Big 4’ management consultants to combine industry experience with talent acquisition and search excellence. We work on assignments for leading strategy houses, Big 4, specialist consultancies, private equity firms and internal consulting divisions within major firms across the globe, recruiting permanent and interim staff at all levels from analyst to global partners and C-level executives.
We have attained industry recognition including being voted “Top management consultancy recruitment firm” in 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017 and acknowledged as having the greatest candidate reach in management consultancy of any UK based firm.
NB: Consulting Point Search is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy