Competitive salary and benefits | Location: Basingstoke, Hampshire, UK
Emsi is looking for an Economic Analyst to join our UK team. The successful candidate will combine a passion for bringing data to economic and labour market decisions, advanced quantitative skills, and an ability to collaborate with customers to understand and share their challenges.
Emsi Economic Analysts use our unrivalled economic and labour market data to tell stories for customers about their markets, challenges and decisions.
The successful candidate will:
- Design and deliver quantitative analysis using Emsi data and other data to help customers understand their environment and make decisions.
- Collaborate and communicate with customers, including running workshops to bring data to problems, and present on analysis findings.
- Turn quantitative analysis findings into compelling report and presentations, explaining key concepts and supporting methodology.
- Work closely with sales and marketing colleagues to develop and manage customer relationships, including the design and writing of proposals.
- Success will be found in delivering value-adding consulting projects with Emsi customers, and in driving progress on parts of the Consulting and Innovation plan. The UK business unit is a small team, so an entrepreneurial sense and a high level of ownership are essential.
Benefits include 25 days annual leave (plus bank holidays), cash benefit for dental and eye care, medical insurance, group pension plan and an annual wellness benefit. Our UK office is in Basingstoke; while we love to have people based there, many of our team are home-based and we’re happy to offer that flexibility to the right candidate.
- Strong analytical and technical skills – experience of scripted analysis (e.g. R or Stata) would be especially desirable.
- Bachelors degree in a field with a quantitative and analytic focus preferred.
- At least 2 years of relevant professional experience in a consulting, think-tank or strategy and policy role.
- Proven ability to manage and challenge clients to specify problems and agree solutions.
- Knowledge of UK official economic and labour market statistics; knowledge of one or more of our customer segments desirable.
- Good communication skills, including written and in-person.
- Ability to meet milestones while juggling multiple responsibilities and work with minimal supervision.
In the first instance, please submit a CV (no more than 2 sides) setting out your qualifications and experience and a covering letter (no more than 2 sides) to explain why you are the right person for the role and offer suitable examples which highlight your fit with what Emsi is looking for.
We are looking for the right candidate, and we are happy to discuss the company and the role in detail further if you would like to get in touch.