My client is Sunday Times Top 100 not-for-profit company funded by the Mayor of London and a network of commercial partners.
They promote London around the world, working in partnership with the Greater London Authority (GLA), UK Trade and Investment (UKTI), VisitBritain and other destination marketing organisations, the London boroughs and many other key stakeholders, as well as our 1,000-plus private sector partners.
Use your robust understanding of economic influences to directly grow London’s economy. You’ll look across sectors and markets – collecting, absorbing and reviewing a range of economic indicators to help identify the ideal propositions for London to continue to attract foreign direct investment, business and leisure tourists, students and major events. Working with a range of stakeholders like the GLA Economics team, government agencies and commercial partners, you will have a vital role of making sense of the implications of the UK’s decision to leave the EU and its implications for London. You will also take the lead to ensure their activities are delivering improved returns on investment using best-in-class measurement methodologies.
- Establish a strong understanding of London’s Economy including the drivers of growth, contributions of markets and sectors in areas relevant to organisation's – overall and in specific response to the changes related to Brexit.
- Grow organisation’ reputation for robust economic analysis through stakeholder engagement, commentating, sharing of actionable insights and through release of high quality economic reports.
- Implement and manage a schedule of evaluation for each business line
- Develop and manage the evaluation research programme (may include commissioning evaluation research to consultancies and leading primary research) to close knowledge gaps in evaluation methodology
- Refine existing economic impact evaluation methods currently in use and keep the models up to date.
- Contribute to the business planning process, providing a strong evidence base to guide prioritisation of activities and helping to set performance targets
Knowledge and experience
- A strong micro economic background and understanding of approaches to measuring and modelling value for money
- Demonstrable experience of designing and delivering evaluation activity, applying cost-benefit analysis to diverse publicly and/or privately funded projects or programmes
- The ability to communicate complex technical concepts and analysis to non-specialists
- A track record of successful management of economic research, marketing campaign evaluation and consultancy projects
As part of a high performing Research & Insight team, the role offers a real chance to make a difference:
- Become part of the London Family and do great things for our City
- Grow your reputation for excellence in economic analysis, becoming a thought leader in sector impacts, city strengths and challenges
- Unique opportunities to represent organisation, working collaboratively with their stakeholders and partners – a wide range of public and private sector experts
- Be the custodian of organisation's growing reputation for economic understanding (by publishing insightful perspectives on the economic impact of the business)
- Work in a fast paced, flexible and upbeat environment
- Excellent Benefits
How to apply:
If you feel you have the right level of skills and experience for this role, please contact Valerija Romanovic at email@example.com, quoting 'Economist’. Successful candidates will be contacted within 3 working days.
NB: Mindbench is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy