Our client is the official promotional organisation for London. We are a not-for-profit public private partnership, funded by the Mayor of London and our network of commercial partners.
They promote London around the world, working in partnership with the Greater London Authority (GLA), UK Trade and Investment (UKTI), VisitBritain and other destination marketing organisations, the London boroughs and many other key stakeholders, as well as their 1,000-plus private sector partners. They attract overseas companies, events, students and visitors to the capital, in order to build London’s reputation and create additional jobs and economic growth for the city. Their mission is to tell London's story brilliantly.
Purpose of role
The role is a 6 month contract to help manage the evaluation programme that measures the impact the clients activities on the London economy.
- To support the delivery of a comprehensive schedule of measurement activities to support each business line across the organisation including the execution of existing existing and the identification of new methodologies.
- To work with the Senior Economist to review and improve the measurement methodologies to ensure fit for purpose for the 2018-2021 business strategy - and taking account of new data and trends in impact measurement.
- To record and put in place the processes needed to meet quality standards (eg EFQM requriements) from evaluation activities.
- To support colleagues from marketing, sales and operations departments to understand how economic performance is measured and monitored.
The role requires a proactive individual who has the technical skills and interest in data driven insights and is also collaborative in how they work, using their skills to work closely with their internal teams as well as external agencies and strategic partners.
- Execute the existing schedule of evaluation for each business line including he evaluation of specific campaigns and progress against annual targets.
- Identify ways to refine existing economic impact evaluation methods currently in use and keep the models up to date.
- Support the Senior Economist in all operational evaluation activities and in Reviewing and improving the models.
- Report all Economic and delivery KPIs to show progress against performance targets
- Represent them & Insight internally and externally in all matters of economic impact / performance
- Suport the delivery of communications internally and externally
- Document and formalise processes for the measurement framework, ensuring the data flows are systematic and automated (where practical), ensuring the needs of EFQM are met)
- Help deliver a programme of staff training/education about economic impact and measurement
The successful candidate will demonstrate:
Knowledge and experience
- An understanding and interest in Economics including an understanding of approaches to measuring and modelling value for money
- Experience of designing and delivering evaluation activity
- Strong numerical and technical sklills including the ability to analyse survey data in Excel and other packages.
- The ability to communicate complex technical concepts and analysis to non-specialists
- Understanding of survey research techniques
- A track record of successful management of economic research, marketing campaign evaluation and /or consultancy projects
Personal style and behaviour
- Ability to understand a brief quickly and work at pace to develop solutions to emerging issues
- Strong interpersonal skills and evidence of effective partnership working with non-specialists
- Self-motivated, able to work independently and across a diverse set of issues
- Sound judgement and the ability to maintain an intellectual position under pressure, combined with intellectual flexibility
- High attention to detail including ability to record and execute defined procedures
Please send your CV to email@example.com
To apply by email to this position, please send your CV and covering letter to the following link:firstname.lastname@example.org
NB: Mindbench is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy