The Executive Director – Joint Ventures leads the identification, development and execution of growth strategies and opportunities for the company / project in line with its strategic objectives. This individual will take ownership within the business of assessing joint ventures, strategic partnerships, and market opportunities.
This position is for a strategic thinker who possesses a track record of executing with demonstrated analytical, critical thinking and leadership abilities. The position identifies, develops and executes growth strategies, cultivates strategic and business planning, and leads market development and onboarding of strategic partnerships.
As a strategic thought leader, the role formulates system and entity-level strategies; identifies and develops growth opportunities; grows key services and service lines; assesses joint ventures, strategic partnerships, and market opportunities; conducts market, business and financial analytics; and interfaces cross-functionally with project executives and entity personnel.
For joint venture transactions, this role will include identifying comparables, developing deal options, evaluating and recommending deal terms, recommending negotiating strategies and implementation approaches. For existing ventures, this will include diagnosing venture performance and underlying root causes (typically related to strategy and scope, governance, financial arrangements, service agreements, organization and talent), generating restructuring options, and supporting the business with implementation strategy.
The ideal candidate will be intellectually curious, strategically minded yet also operationally-oriented, and highly collaborative. They will be a well-rounded corporate executive with the ability to lead strategic analyses as well as execute transactions. They will have significant deal background and interpersonal skills to excel in a multi-faceted corporation with significant experience leading matrixed deal teams. This person will have demonstrated success executing all aspects of transactions including acquisitions, divestitures, strategic investments, joint ventures, and other strategic alliances. They will handle stressful situations in a professional and balanced manner and will serve as a mentor, leader, and partner across the organization in a dynamic environment. Always willing to roll up their sleeves with an attention to excellence at all levels
- Must possess a strong track record of executing financing, Joint Ventures and/or M&A transactions.
- Must excel in finance, accounting and financial modeling and have good business acumen.
- Must possess strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Must display an ability to lead the process of seeking and identifying new business opportunities in concert with the corporate strategy.
- Must have the experience to successfully manage teams of Associates and Analysts.
- Undergraduate degree in any field, including but not limited to economics, finance, business, international affairs, or STEM, but with a proven track record of exceptional academic performance from a leading university. MBA or other graduate degree preferred, but not required
- A successful candidate will be an assertive, motivated self-starter with the desire and potential to succeed in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
To apply by email to this position, please send your CV and covering letter to the following link:
NB: ConnectedGroup is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy