Who is my Client
My client is a global organisation, quoted on the NASDAQ with an annual revenue in excess of $1.3 billion with over 3,700 employees worldwide and approximately 500 in the UK & Ireland. They specialise in integrating real-time interaction management, advanced analytics and employee engagement tools to deliver faster, smarter and safer customer engagements, and to get major brands closer to their customers. They help major brands to understand, predict and adapt to customers’ needs in real time so that they can create tailored experiences that go beyond what customers expect. Their product suite is impressive covering sales and service optimisation, handle time optimisation, call volume reduction, back office, fraud prevention, workforce optimisation, analytics (speech, text, structured & un-structured data) and Robotic Process Automation (RPA).
They are well positioned to continue their growth in the marketplace for sophisticated software applications and services. Significant customers in the UK & Ireland include major brands in Telecommunications, Financial Services, Insurance, Utilities and Public Sector with thousands of users.
What is the role
The EMEA region constitutes around 30% of my client’s business. The EMEA region comprises five sub-regions: UK & Ireland, Western & Southern Europe, DACH (Germany, Austria, Switzerland) Middle East/Africa and the Eastern Europe. EMEA generates around $130m revenue through sales of the Enterprise portfolio of software, consulting and professional services.
My client is seeking a London based senior Director in Sales and Business Development focusing on the Financial Services vertical. The role is initially to focus on the UK market with a view that you would then lead the function across all of EMEA and thus move to VP (Partner) level.
Ideally you will have experience of selling to leading UK based investment banks, retail banks or insurance firms. Knowledge of selling projects that involve some form of technology to the banks and insurance firms is desirable but not essential. Ideally you will currently be working for The Big 4, Accenture, IBM GBS, Capgemini etc. in their FS practice at Director level. This role would also require you to help develop strategic relationships with firms like The Big 4, Accenture, IBM GBS, Capgemini etc. Annual sales target is negotiable but anything from $4m to $10m per annum is the expectation. This role will also have some management responsibility. There are currently 12 dedicated sales people in The UK.
The Ideal candidate will have
- Minimum of $4m sales per annum to UK firms (“Hunter” type skills) consistently over the last 3 years
- A successful and demonstrable history of delivering against multimillion sales targets of IT software, solutions or consulting services
- Good academics
- Drive, passion, high energy and engaging personality is a must.
Why this is a great role
- Excellent remuneration. £120,000 to £150,000 base + excellent benefits + uncapped bonus with accelerators
- Working in a very fast growing and entrepreneurial company in what has to be the hottest area of Technology right now – namely Analytics & Robotic Process Automation (RPA).
- Very flat structure reporting to the VP of Sales and Alliances for EMEA who reports direct to the President of EMEA. There is rapid career progression for the right candidate to also join The UK Leadership Team.
- Great culture. The culture is without ego and politics that can often exist in large management consultancies, software vendors and system integrators.
- Exciting and interesting role that will drive EMEA growth by leading the establishment and development of alliances and relationships with Tier 1 consultancies and also directly with leading Corporates in Financial Services
- Good work-life balance with no working Monday to Friday at client site.
In order to apply for this role, please email Rakesh Pabbi at Rakesh@consultingpoint.com your latest CV and a cover letter. Your cover letter will need to detail experience selling to UK banks and insurers with a summary of your network in the Financial Services industry. Alternatively, please call Rakesh Pabbi on 0780 1179671 for a confidential discussion. Rakesh is a previous management consultant in Technology (SAP and Oracle) from PwC & KPMG Consulting.
Consulting Point Search is a multi-award winning talent advisory and search firm, headquartered in the UK, with a global presence and network. We have specialised in management consultancy since 2003 and operate across all industry verticals and services lines. The firm was founded by ‘Big 4’ management consultants to combine industry experience with talent acquisition and search excellence. We work on assignments for leading strategy houses, Big 4, specialist consultancies, private equity firms and internal consulting divisions within major firms across the globe, recruiting permanent and interim staff at all levels from analyst to global partners and C-level executives.
We have attained industry recognition including being voted “Top management consultancy recruitment firm” in 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017 and acknowledged as having the greatest candidate reach in management consultancy of any UK based firm.
NB: Consulting Point Search is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy