Who We Are: Cognizant is a global leader in business and technology services, helping our clients bring the future of work to life—today. Thriving in this digital era of promise and uncertainty means increasing the velocity of innovation, experimentation and collaboration. The main engine for this is not some magical technology — it’s talented people.
Which is why, our employees spread across over 50 delivery centres worldwide are on an exciting journey spending every day helping clients re-think, re-invent and re-wire their business to apply the new SMAC (social, mobile, analytics and cloud) business technology architecture to their most significant challenges and opportunities, so they can run different and run better.
Purpose of the Role: This Senior Business Analyst role forms part of the team supporting GENIUS, the main underwriting system in use at a client organisation. It is used by over 1700 users in over twenty countries.
This individual will work in a team environment and will be based in London, UK.
Key Responsibilities include:
• Defining and interpreting the business and technical solutions to support business needs
• Acting as a liaison between the business community and development team
• Effectively managing the expectations of the business community
• Working cooperatively with developers and other business analysts to support their functions
• Providing written specification documents, both business and technical (where appropriate), in accordance with established SDLC (System Development Lifecycle) standards and procedures in a timely manner, adhering to release management and control plans
• Developing testing strategies to meet both business and technical needs
• Coordinating testing activities in line with regular system upgrades
• Developing and executing detailed system test plans
• Coordinating user acceptance tests
• Assisting the Release Manager with the coordination of testing and upgrade plans
• Acting as a Subject Matter Expert ('SME') for the IT team in one or more Insurance / Reinsurance areas
Required skills and experience include:
• A degree in technology or business fields (or equivalent work experience)
• Professional Qualifications (either IT based, e.g. ISEB diploma, or industry based, e.g. ACII) are preferable but not essential
• Extensive experience as a Business Analyst in the Insurance and/or Banking industry
• Experience and understanding of the Genius product essential; in particular knowledge of the following subsystems:
- Names & Addresses
- Accounts and Statistics
- Product configuration
- System Parameter and Rating Table configuration
- Detailed knowledge of the Genius database
• Experience with full SDLC (System Development Lifecycle) methodology
• Experience in managing expectations of the business and user community.
• Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, are necessary in order to work with the cross functional and international group of people who interact with the team on a daily basis.
• Must be able to quickly understand and analyse the applications, business, and technical functions of the client organisation
• Be able to suggest process improvement within the IT team where appropriate.
• Must be able to write business and technical design specifications for software modifications, create process flow diagrams, and manage tasks to the agreed release plan/schedule
• Must be able to approach a problem from a multi-faceted point of view and apply both business and technical knowledge to resolve problems quickly and efficiently
• Must be a self-starter with the ability to be proactive
• Must have excellent organisational skills, an attention to detail, and the ability to effectively manage own time and workload
• Must be able to work independently and well under pressure
• Fluency in MS Office suite of products essential
To apply by email to this position, please send your CV and covering letter to the following link: CLICK HERE. , quoting reference number: 26915
About Cognizant : Cognizant (NASDAQ-100: CTSH) is one of the world's leading professional services companies, transforming clients' business, operating and technology models for the digital era. Our unique industry-based, consultative approach helps clients envision, build and run more innovative and efficient businesses. Headquartered in the U.S., Cognizant is ranked 230 on the Fortune 500 and is consistently listed among the most admired companies in the world. Learn how Cognizant helps clients lead with digital at www.cognizant.com or follow us @Cognizant.