Graduate Consultant Opportunities in : Retail & Consumer Goods
Store Operations, Multi-channel, Product development and Sourcing, Merchandising and Planning
Our client is a strategy firm which is part of a global professional services practice providing a specialised range of services and solutions focusing on retail and consumer products. They have unparalleled expertise and deep knowledge of the Retail and Consumer Products area, which has worked with retail and consumer goods companies for nearly 80 years—and counted as clients 30 of the world’s top 50—and all of the top five—retail and consumer products companies.
As a Consultant, you will apply your strong working knowledge and Retail industry expertise every day to help deliver world-class solutions that enable their clients to become high performance businesses. Working with high street retailers and international brands you will assist their clients in the areas of retail operations, design and product development, buying and merchandising and supply chain management.
Their success is built upon the commitment of their consultants to make a significant difference to clients. You will work closely with our clients and build relationships. The role requires strong written and verbal communication skills, and an ability to demonstrate strong relationship management skills.
Work Experience & Qualifications
- You must have a strong academic background with a minimum 2:1 or equivalent from a top university.
- You must have experience in a trading/commercial function with a leading brand or retailer and have experience in any of the following areas: store operations, multi-channel, product development and sourcing, merchandising and planning; OR have proven experience as a management consulting working on projects within the retail industry
Skills & Attributes
- Strong analytical skills and be highly confident in tools such as Excel and PowerPoint
- An ability to articulate and clearly communicate complex problems and solutions in a simple, logical and impactful manner.
- Ability to prioritise and effectively manage time in a pressurised work environment
- Self-motivated, adaptable and able to inspire and motivate others.
- A strong ability to communicate at all levels
- A passion for retail and consumer products is essential
- Fluency in a second language would be an advantage, but is not essential.
What they offer
Their success is built upon the commitment of their consultants to make a significant difference to their clients. They promote a dynamic, progressive atmosphere and encourage creative, independent thinking. In return they offer a stimulating environment characterised by ongoing growth opportunities and a competitive package. They’ll give you the opportunity to accelerate your career through intellectual challenge and responsibility; and the opportunity to work as part of a high performing and supportive team that values close collaboration with clients.
Location and travel
They are based in Central London. Although some projects are office-based, you may frequently work on client sites. You will need flexibility and resilience to maintain a travel schedule covering the UK and Worldwide, if required.
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply by email to this position, please send your CV and covering letter to the following link:email@example.comQuoting referenceTC 001
NB: Mindbench is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy