Our client is a leading international education focussed charity. They work with major educational organisations globally to advise them on their strategy and their development.
The post-holder will have responsibility for all aspects of the commercial performance of the group and management of the operations team, ensuring the smooth running of the administration and management of consultancy projects, and supervising the commercial and business development of the Group.
Provide effective leadership and management of all aspects of the commercial performance of the consultancy function within the research and consultancy group ensuring that targets and margin are met. Design and oversee the business development plan for commercial consultancy ensuring that a good proportion of pipeline opportunities are successfully converted into new business. To work successfully with other team leaders within the group as a commercial entity, achieving revenue and contribution targets and ensuring a good level of utilisation for fee-earning members of staff. Oversee the profit and loss accounts for the function and ensuring corrective measures are implemented where there are budget variations. Lead on the commercial approach to consultancy fee rates and the commercial modelling of consultancy solutions. Ensure that targets for the utilisation of fee earning consultants are met or exceeded. Ensure that operational support for all aspects of consultancy work and consultancy projects is delivered to a high standard of efficiency, reliability and cost effectiveness. Take overall responsibility for the performance management of fee-earning consultants and operational team. Ensure a good relationship between the consultancy function and both external and internal clients, including senior colleagues in the education services group. To build and maintain a high capability team, focusing on a strong culture of continuous improvement, learning and knowledge sharing to effect transformational change.
The role is part of the research and consultancy group, with a focus on the commercial delivery requirements of a £4-6m budget. The post holder will have key working relationships with all members of the Finance Team on strategic issues such as business planning, commercial operating guidelines and business development priorities. The post holder will be expected to undertake substantial international travel.
- Strong academic credentials with a business-related qualification (e.g. MBA)
- Knowledge of best practice in the commercial management of a consultancy business or professional services business
- Knowledge of the disciplines relevant to the management of a consultancy business: business development, marketing, financial management, project management
- Knowledge of some of the geographical markets where the client operates
- Experience of successful business and strategy development, including at least two of: market analysis, strategy development, product development, thought leadership and client positioning, client relationship management, proposal development, partnership development
- Significant experience of commercial modelling for new solution development
- Significant experience in people and team management, preferably in a consultancy environment
- Strong financial and commercial experience of managing budgets
- People-management experience with the ability to influence others and create an environment to maximise the team’s potential
- Development and maintenance of relationships with internal and external clients to raise a team’s profile and build new business
- Extensive experience delivering successful consultancy services to external clients in an education and/or public-sector environment
- Excellent stakeholder management skills and the ability to work in a matrix environment and across organisational boundaries
- Sound commercial judgement / business acumen
- Well-developed leadership, management and analytical skills
- Excellent representational, negotiation, influence and interpersonal skills
- Ability to be flexible, to assimilate new information quickly, to work effectively and sensitively across organisational structures and in complex overseas contexts
- Able to provide strong leadership and challenge in a manner that inspires and motivates within a complex and changing environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong stakeholder management skills, including effective influencing and negotiating skills
- Ability to think strategically, investigating and delivering fit-for-purpose solutions
- Sound commercial judgement / business acumen
- Results orientated with demonstrable evidence of determination, drive and resilience
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply by email to this position, please send your CV and covering letter to the following link:please send your CV toTCrichard@mindbench.co.uk
NB: Mindbench is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy