Would you like to be part of a company with the energy of a start-up, but which competes with ‘The Big Four’ for clients?
Are you passionate, insightful and creative in terms of how to drive high performance and get the best out of people? Our client are creating a new senior role to lead their HR and People function. This is a great opportunity for someone with extensive all-round HR experience, who can think at a strategic level, and who is also good at making things happen.
Our client are a boutique consultancy specialising in business design, information, digital and technology, helping organisations transform their service. They have a diverse client portfolio
across the public, private and not-for profit sectors. Some of our most recent clients include large government departments, charities and technology companies.
They've grown steadily over the last few years and have an outstanding team of people and a highperformance culture. Their tight-knit team have experience working within a range of industries and bring a diverse set of skills and experiences. Some of the qualities that their peopel stand out include an ability to apply their skills and experience to a wide range of areas, to pick things up quickly, and to grapple with unknowns and ambiguity. They make the complex, simple. And they care about their people.
This role as Head of People will provide a varied and stimulating job for someone who already has broad experience and strong skills, combined with a real interest in helping organisations develop and implement people- and culture-related strategy.
You will report to the Managing Director, will be a key member of our Senior Management Team.
You will be responsible for:
• Developing and implementing our People Strategy, in close collaboration with our Head of
Culture and Well-being and other members of the Senior Management Team
• Recruitment and onboarding, for our employees and also for Associates (ie contractors)
• Learning and development, including their Skills Academy – aligning this with our internal
coaching network and their coaching culture
• Defining and implementing their reward and recognition policies, including benchmarking
• Their people management, including making sure they have the right HR and people policies in place and that they follow them.
You will line manage a Talent Acquisition Co-ordinator, who is responsible for recruitment and
onboarding, and who also plans their Skills Academy schedule. You will work closely alongside their Head of Culture and Well-being. The responsibilities of this role include understanding how things “feel” within the team, making sure that everything we do is aligned with their culture and strategy – ensuring that the environment helps the people perform well, and that the team’s interests and well-being are looked after.
Skills and capabilities
You will need to be a self-starter, flexible and resilient, and good at collaborating with others.
They are looking for someone with:
To apply by email to this position, please send your CV and covering letter to the following link:email@example.comTC001
• Strong experience and expert knowledge across recruitment, generalist HR and learning and
development, covering regulatory requirements and good practice.
• A genuine commitment to maintaining and developing a high-performance culture, and to
making them a great place to work.
• Ideally, a coaching qualification and a passion for coaching people, with a focus on continuous improvement and growth.
• Ability to think strategically about how to build and maintain a people-focused professional
• Ability to make things happen, and specifically within a flexible / small company setting.
• Strong emotional intelligence skills, including self-awareness, ability to read and carefully
observe other people, ability to challenge, build relationships and adapt.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
There is real scope in this role for you to shape the future direction of the company, and that of the organisations they work with. In return, they offer a competitive package, and the chance to work on cutting-edge ideas with a range of organisations.
NB: Mindbench is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy