Our client is a leading quantitative investment and technology company. They use scientific techniques, big data and world-class technology to predict future movements in financial markets, and they develop the platform to deploy these ideas globally across multiple asset classes. They offer a dynamic, flexible and highly stimulating environment where good ideas are prized and rewarded.
Reporting to the senior management board, the Head of Quality Assurance will be responsible for building and managing a Quality Assurance function. Having developed the structure and procedures for the function, you will build out a team of four. The team will have three primary functions:
- Process & controls assurance: ensuring optimised processes and controls are in place and are operating as expected.
- Project delivery oversight: checking that initiatives delivered by operating units meet agreed specifications and deliver anticipated benefits in a timely and qualitative manner. Ensuring Project owners are following the firm's processes and standards, and that status is accurately reported.
- Providing the senior management board with retrospective status and situation reports.
You will be an analytical thinker who can demonstrate a high level of attention to detail while, at the same time, retaining a clear view of the whole. You will also have strong people and influencing skills, bringing about positive change in a constructive and collaborative manner, while maintaining independence of mind. This role is all about building and managing a team to assure that things are being done to the highest possible standards, identifying potential gaps in existing processes, thinking of ways in which they could be improved and bringing about changes required in a collaborative way.
You will have:
- A high level of academic achievement – at least a 2:1 in a relevant technical or numerate degree course.
- Experience of working within a complex, fast moving, highly technical environment - probably a Director, Senior Manager or Partner at a consutling firm or similar
- The ability to work effectively with a variety of stakeholders across diverse business teams.
- Self-starting tendencies, to ensure timely and achievable goals are delivered.
- Prior experience of setting up an internal audit or quality assurance function would be desirable.
Highly Competitive + Bonus
Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply by email to this position, please send your CV and covering letter to the following link:email@example.comTC001
NB: Mindbench is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy