Heidrick & Struggles International, Inc. (NASDAQ: HSII) serves the executive talent and leadership needs of companies worldwide as the premier provider of leadership consulting, culture shaping, and executive search services. Pioneering the industry since 1953 Heidrick has provided quality service and built strong leadership teams through its relationships with organizations around the world. We help our clients change the world, one leadership team at a time™.
The Consulting Practice
We work in partnership with our clients to accelerate performance at the organization, team and individual leader levels. We enable our clients to mobilise, execute and transform with agility in a fast moving, uncertain and volatile business landscape. Our ambition is to shape the world’s thinking on the leadership of organisations. We bring hard facts to the ‘soft stuff’ through empirical discipline. Whether a company is undergoing a significant transformation or needs to align its leadership strategies to its business aspirations, our Leadership Consulting Practice offers integrated world class solutions proven to accelerate performance.
We do this in four main arenas. We accelerate strategy by making responses to the environment better informed and more agile. We accelerate organisations by ensuring they are able to mobilise, execute and transform with agility. We accelerate teams by ensuring that they are able to execute at pace and across boundaries. And we accelerate leaders by assessing and developing the leadership capacity of individuals.
The global practice operates in three regions (Americas, Europe and Asia) and is headed by Colin Price, a world authority on organisations, former head of the Global Organisation Practice at McKinsey and author of the best-selling business book Beyond Performance. We are building an extraordinary place to work for talented professionals, creating a true meritocracy in which expertise speaks louder than hierarchy, investing in building world-class skills, relationships and insights and practicing what we preach. It is a great time to join and grow with us.
Additional information on the firm can be found at www.heidrick.com.
The main purpose of the Consultant is to develop consulting solutions as part of client engagements, to write proposals and support business development activities, to act as engagement manager on specific projects and to support Principals and Partners in their delivery.
You will begin to lead, manage, and own problem-solving efforts on a large portion of a client engagement or to lead on smaller engagements. Specifically, you will be responsible for identifying issues, forming hypotheses, designing and conducting analysis, and then synthesizing conclusions into recommendations. Throughout an engagement, you will be involved in discussions and presentations with senior client leadership.
- Liaise with clients to determine their requirements and either lead or support on delivering to them
- Design a range of consulting solutions across service offerings to meet client needs throughout the consulting cycle, drawing on knowledge of the clients’ needs, LC products and tools, own ideas and external best practice
- Gather and analyse client data , drawing on a range of best practice problem solving skills to identify themes and insights
The Person: Qualifications & Experience
- Interest in people, organisations and behaviour
- Undergraduate degree is required; Occupational/Organisational Psychology, MBA or other relevant graduate degree preferred.
- 5+ years of work experience in a business environment, with 3 years in a management or leadership consulting environment.
- Demonstrated ability to drive an efficient process throughout a project including setting and executing against deadlines.
- Highly numerate with excellent report writing skills
- Highly proficient in PowerPoint and advanced Excel
- Language skills as required
- Willingness to travel locally and globally as required
Key Skills and Expertise Areas- Refer to Competency Framework describing:
- Business Acumen
- Domain expertise (organisation/team/leadership assessment and development)
- Project Delivery
- Engagement management
- Consulting skills (including facilitation)
To apply for this role click here.