OWN YOUR LIFE
OWN YOUR CAREER
OWN YOUR FIRM
Manager – Data & Analytics
North Highland’s London office is open, energetic and fast growing. Based in the heart of Holborn Circus, we consistently feature in Consulting Magazine’s ‘Top 10 Firms to Work For’. Our high calibre people genuinely enjoy working here and have a passion for building our business as well as helping our clients.
The D&A practice at North Highland UK works cohesively with the global team, which means that we have a pool of expertise out in the US, alongside a digital insights lab, which helps us understand socio-economic data as well as customer data. The practice has grown in strength over the past two years and we have a group of approximately 20 individuals in the London office, who all bring something different to the table. We have grown our academy Data and Analytics arena with Visual Analytics and Data Strategy as two major parts of what we deliver. We have a dedicated team in the space of Data Privacy and Governance and we have 3 additional areas in Consumer/Retail Analytics, Big Data and Lake implementation and Predictive Analytics. Alongside all of these areas, we also have a vast amount of experience in end to end delivery of BI solutions, including target operational changes and the best in adoption consulting. We are looking for a Manager to join our London based team.
The Manager – Data and Analytics role will focus on the following tasks and outcomes;
- Lead the delivery of multiple work streams.
- Coordinate development of quality deliverables.
- Evaluate and articulate scale of complex client problems and structures a plan to address them accordingly.
- Plans and manages a team of others.
- Develops strong, credible relationships with key senior client stakeholders.
- Identifies, qualifies and shapes opportunities to grow existing accounts.
- Performs project staffing, invoicing, budgeting, and profitability analysis processes as well as contact and opportunity/funnel management.
- Formally manages others as a Career Coach/Counselling Manager and/or as a Reviewer on a project/engagement.
- Management consulting, advisory, professional services and/or Big 4 consulting experience.
- Proposal development experience including the ability to effectively sell business solutions to clients, specifically within the data and analytics area.
- Expert understanding and consulting ability across the architecture of data, from an enterprise level, with the ability to tie this into tangible business outcomes
- Agile transformation experience, and ability to work in Agile BI development environments
- Demonstrable experience working across the implementation of data storage, ETL, reporting and business intelligence technologies
- Ability to work in high volume, large data stores (structured and unstructured) to maximum the potential usage of this data for client business outcomes
- Running data and analytics related projects; delivering experience driving desired business outcomes, identifying current gaps and omissions, and designing solutions for clients data storage, BI and reporting functions
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college/university or equivalent experience
Additional technical understanding and skills required:
- Understanding and experience with the Hadoop stack
- Strong experience with BI tools and reporting software (Tableau, Qlikview, BO)
- Experience with open source software platforms and languages (Linux, Java, Apache, Python, PHP, Perl)
- Knowledge of analytical tools, languages, and libraries (R, SAS, SPSS)
- Knowledge of ETL process and associated tools
- Knowledge and experience working with distributed RDBMS (Teradata, Netezza)
- Knowledge of cloud computing infrastructure
- Continued desire to build knowledge around data trends and technologies
- Master's degree and/or professional certifications are advantageous
- Retail industry experience
- Demonstrated track record of successful ability to manage large and complex consulting engagements and interfacing with senior level client executives
- Ability to establish immediate credibility with clients and within the company; can build consensus and achieve goals through influence.
- Excellent interpersonal/communication skills with professional staff, senior level executives and the community at large
- Creative thinking and seeking innovative solutions to complex technical/business problems
To apply for this role please CLICK HERE
North Highland is a global consulting firm with a proven record of enabling great returns on our clients’ investment. Our high-calibre consultants offer deep experience and expertise across many diverse industries and service areas. We specialise in solving tough business challenges, being easy to work with, and nurturing long-standing relationships with the most recognisable brands in the world. Ask any of our clients, and they’ll tell you.
North Highland is an equal employment opportunity company committed to diversity in the workplace.