Network Architect - Mobile Solutions - London
Competitive Salary + Benefits
To provide architectural support and leadership to a leading UK Mobile Operator in the definition and planning of their next generation Mobile Network platform i.e. leading/supporting a ‘glide path’ to 5G .
- Work within a small NTT DATA (UK) team to deliver Mobile Network Architecture support and leadership to a leading Mobile Operators Network Strategy team on their next generation network (migration to 5G).
- Liaise closely across NTT Group companies to acquire appropriate information/knowledge from appropriate SMEs, predominatly in Japan.
- Provide ‘Thought Leadership’ to the leading Mobile Operator’s Network Strategy team.
- Challenge and question vendor and industry views to ensure optimal architecture, able to deliver class leading services
- Support the development of a set of deliverables that are lkikely to include the following artifacts:
- High Level Architecture with supporting rationale
- High level plan for migration from AsIs to Target architecture
- Solid understanding of LTE networking, both Core, Radio Access Network (RAN) - (GSM, UMTS, LTE, LTE-A, WiFi), backbone network (Backhaul).
- Knowledge and interest in the development of class leading next generation Mobile Networks (5G).
- Architectural/Design understanding of Software Define Networks (SDN) and Network Function Virtualisation (NFV), including MANO.
- Development of Architecture Principles and other architecture focused documentation
- Thorough understanding of Mobile Telco operations, systems and processes
- Understanding of the 3GPP standards
For more information and to apply click here.