Our client is a boutique specialist consulting company specialising in business transformation.
Their clients are typically customer-facing and geographically dispersed businesses, for which they have unique approaches to rapidly drive growth and to develop compelling multichannel customer propositions supported by highly efficient operating models. For example, they have worked with all the major Retailers in the UK, leading Retail Banks and Financial Services companies and leading Leisure and Travel companies. We also work internationally, including the US and Australia.
They would like to add a talented and experienced Associate Director to their senior team. This role is one level below Director and they are looking for someone with fast track potential. The successful candidate will therefore need to demonstrate a track record of stellar project delivery and successful business development. Ideally the candidate would have direct experience of working with Consumer-facing businesses, including a good commercial understanding of the key profit levers.
The role is likely to suit experienced Principal Consultants or Associate Directors in larger consultancies who are in the pipeline for a Partner role but concerned about how long it will take. It would also suit candidates from boutique consultancies who are keen to play an influential and shaping role and to move on quickly to a full Director role. They will offer a good salary, bonus and future entry to a share option scheme, together with a great opportunity to shape the future of our business and to undergo rapid career development in an environment with a strong people focus. They place a strong emphasis on work life balance and our teams are only on client site for 4 days a week.
- Proven track record of holding and achieving sales targets, preferably in customer-facing, people intensive businesses
- Excellent consulting experience from a strategy firm, "Big 4", or strong boutique
- Experience leading client assignments, selling on and developing new business opportunities
- Degree, with MBA from a good business school an advantage
- Excellent people skills and customer relationship track record
- Experience in developing client business relationships and creating a good network of contacts
- Interpersonal skills that facilitate the building of senior relationships and the ability to engender trust and to challenge senior executives – so confident and good at working in the political and behavioural domains as well as the rational
- Ability to develop consulting solutions and design projects in partnership with clients, that are both unique and compelling
- Excellent project management skills, professionalism, team leadership skills, a strong work ethic and willingness to travel and work in a diverse environment
- Strong core consulting skills and methodologies with a strategic thinking capability
- Content skills in consumer-facing businesses and some or preferably many of the following disciplines – operating models, lean, supply chain, organisation design, leadership, category management, commercial development, customer-centricity, multichannel, low cost delivery
- High impact and credible in all client situations, both pre-sales and during assignments
- Driven to achieve but resilient when things don’t work out as planned, high energy
- Confident and authentic – easily develops client trust and naturally curious so finds it easy to unearth client needs
- Flexible, able to balance many competing demands at the same time
- Ability to synthesise the complex into the elegantly simple
- Commercially oriented, strong focus on the business case for clients
- Skilled at managing client situations under pressure
- Autonomous, positive, and a true team player who can inspire others
- Excellent listening, verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- Identifying and developing opportunities and winning new business, through marketing and sales activities and continuous client contact programmes with senior and executive level client staff
- Networking with clients, prospective clients and internally, developing ongoing relationships and leveraging these where possible into project opportunities
- Acting as the engagement leader for projects – leading project teams on client sites and being responsible for project design and senior level client liaison, including selling on
- Taking responsibility for the overall quality of delivery
- Being sufficiently 'subject matter expert' in selected content areas to reassure clients that you understand their issues, choices and solutions
- People development, mentoring and coaching, including management of client facing teams
- Contributing to the management and development of the client as part of the management team – e.g. could include helping with recruitment, development, methodology innovation, marketing strategy, business strategy etc.
They are London based and work predominantly on client site. They currently have a major US-based retail client and are also keen to hear from candidates who willing to work in the US, either with very frequent visits back to the UK or on a temporary US resident status for 18 months to 2 years (could include family)
Please send your CV to email@example.com
To apply by email to this position, please send your CV and covering letter to the following link:firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting reference number:TC010
NB: Mindbench is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy