I have some great new internal management consultancy roles with a FTSE 100 firm based ideally in London but would also consider candidates living close to Manchester or Bristol. My client have become one the most talked about firms in their sector and employ over 85,000 in over 160 countries around the world. My client’s Finance Transformation Team work as internal management consultants supporting Managing Directors, across all business areas, to deliver business transformation improvements based upon our internally developed cost and business transformation methodology. The key purpose of the role is to manage projects which deliver cost and efficiency targets across the organisation.
Sponsored by the Group CFO, the team has driven out over £5Bn in cost savings through a diverse portfolio of Finance transformation initiatives. These savings have been re-invested into the growth of the business to truly transform the organisation.
My client are looking for career motivated Finance individuals to work on a range of new programmes covering cost efficiencies, as well as margin and revenue growth. You will need a strong academic record with 2:1 minimum from a good university and be MBA Finance/CIMA/ACA qualified. The ideal candidate will have a history of progression within your current organisation, demonstrating consistent performance above expectations and a track record for delivery.
Experience of delivering bottom-line financial improvement is desirable e.g. process design, organisation design, vendor management, ABC costing etc. As a Finance expert, you are expected to work closely within your team, building relationships and assisting junior Finance members and Heads of Finance to deliver a successful project. Success criteria vary between programmes although typical projects will look at discontinuous change ranging from organisational design and re-organisation to insourcing/outsourcing opportunities and process/system improvements, all with an eye on customer experience. You will lead small projects or workstreams of a larger programme, reporting regularly to the Head of Finance and presenting to your sponsors, being Managing Directors in the business. You may work independently or in a small team of 2-3 people and can expect to have responsibility for Finance Analysts in some cases. Projects typically take 3-6 months from baseline to sign-off, and you will have rotation opportunities across the 6 business units across my client.
The role offers:
- Network. Access to my clients top Leaders and Management across a FTSE 100. The team is recognised as the entry point for top talent into the company and has produced more executives than any other part of firm
- Diversity. Interesting and diverse role as you will be exposed to multiple businesses and functions
- Work-Life Balance. A better work-life balance than traditional management consulting firms as no travel. Yet it is a role were you can still work on different projects in different areas of a vast business and work with different people. You will not be bored as can often happen in line management roles in industry. Also most of team work from home on Fridays too.
- Career progression is rapid with continuous promotion rounds
- Remuneration. Excellent Base Salary and Benefits
- Private Equity Lens. Opportunity to think like a private equity house considering an investment – looking at all sources of value and in particular the ‘step change’ opportunities to improve performance
- Amazing Training. My client offer a variety of internal Master classes that will complement your day to day role and help you apply our business transformation methodology across the firm. Additional training and accreditation opportunities cover Lean Six Sigma and Project management, and we also invest in our high performers through sponsoring executive MBA and MSc level qualifications.
- Team work. Working as part of a team or taken full ownership of programmes through to benefits realisation
In order to apply for these roles, please email email@example.com a word version CV and cover letter explaining why you are suitable. You can also call Rakesh on 0780 1179671 / 0207 977 7044. Rakesh is a former PwC & KPMG management consultant and has voted UK Recruiter of the Year for the last 5 years running – 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 & 2016
Consulting Point are an award winning executive search & recruitment firm with offices in the UK and USA. We specialize purely in Management Consultancy. We are very different to other agencies in that Consulting Point are an established team of former management consultants working in the recruitment space rather than pure recruitment people like many recruitment agencies. Our clients range from leading Strategy Houses, all the “Big 4”, a vast range of specialist consultancies, private-equity firms and internal consulting departments within leading FTSE/Fortune organisations and banks..
Consultng Point work globally fulfilling consultancy assignments in countries like The UK, Germany, France, Sweden, Netherlands Italy, Switzerland, UAE, Saudi Arabia, China, Singapore, Kenya, South Africa, US, Canada and Australia. We recruit at all levels from graduate to Global Partner and C-Level for both permanent and interim roles. Although we were only established in 2003 we have attained industry recognition including being voted “Top UK Management Consultancy Recruitment Firm” in, 2014, 2015 & 2016, “Top UK Individual Recruiter of the Year for 5 years in a row - 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 & 2016 and acknowledged as having the greatest Candidate Reach in Management Consulting than any other UK Recruitment Firm.
NB: Consulting Point Search is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy