I have some great new roles in with a very prestigious award-winning management consultancy that work across project management, business transformation and operational and process improvement.
*These roles are only open to candidates in the UK currently working in a full time role for a management consultancy. All candidates must be working at senior consultant, manager or senior manager level to apply*
These roles require significant project management experience, including the following skills:
- Stakeholder management
- Understanding how to resource up projects
- Managing/leading teams
- Presenting for approval/sign off
- In-depth experience of at least one of the key project phases
- Exposure to large projects (although not necessarily managing)
So now on to what my client are looking for. We are looking for the best of the best candidates so this criteria will only fit a small % of the consulting market. All candidates need to fulfil the following:
- Excellent Academics. Min ABB at A level and a 2i or 1st class Bachelor degree from a Tier 1 Red Brick University.
- 6 to 10 years of relevant work experience since leaving University.
- Candidates must have current management consulting experience working for a tier 1 strategy house, Big 4, Accenture, Baringa, Moorhouse, PA, Elixirr, Capgemini, Detica, IBM GBS etc.
- Strong consulting project management experience leading teams of 8 or more people
- Must demonstrate you are on an upward career trajectory with top performance ratings and evidence of being in the top 10% of your peer group
Why this is a great management consultancy to join?
- My client have a great work-life balance as 90% of all client work is in the London region
- No Individual Sales / Utilisation Targets. This allows them to be collaborative in how they approach business development and allows the highest levels of integrity to remain intact. It also means that they will only say yes to work that they know they’re right for, without interference from associates, account managers or sales teams
- Great place to work. Trusting, open and supportive culture makes my client both a highly professional and warmly sociable place to work, with high levels of autonomy, little bureaucracy and a healthy work/life balance. Their people are confident, constructively competitive high achievers who share a desire to do the right things for our clients and to participate in the life of the firm.
- While most firms drive consultants towards specialising, my client encourage them to broaden their expertise – across industries and across the project lifecycle from strategy to delivery
- My client work with large or emerging private sector businesses and the public sector
- My client is non-hierarchical, with no consultant grades or formalised service lines and no managing partner. They organise themselves to meet the needs of their clients as appropriate
- As everyone trusts each other to do the right thing, there is no onerous internal processes
- Personal Development and Career Progression plans to suit our individual needs. From a high-quality core training curriculum to additional courses tailored to their own needs, there are numerous ways for consultants to further their professional development
- New joiners experience a two week induction period during which they meet all of their colleagues - typically over lunch
- Collaborative rather than competitive. Everyone counts and is encouraged to seek and to give help and advice to others
- Social. They organise regular social events – evenings out, away weekends, we have a film club and wine club etc
- Belief. They believe it is possible to have a highly demanding and challenging career and provide excellent client service whilst, at the same time, being able to enjoy time with family and friends and pursue outside interests. They give ‘discretionary time’ to their staff – this is 5 days’ paid time during which consultants can work for a charity or undertake some other, personal development activities
In order to apply for these roles, please email firstname.lastname@example.org a word version CV and cover letter explaining why you are suitable. You can also call Rakesh on 0780 1179671 / 0207 977 7044. Rakesh is a former PwC & KPMG management consultant and has voted UK Recruiter of the Year for the last 5 years running – 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 & 2016
Consulting Point are an award winning executive search & recruitment firm with offices in the UK and USA. We specialize purely in Management Consultancy. We are very different to other agencies in that Consulting Point are an established team of former management consultants working in the recruitment space rather than pure recruitment people like many recruitment agencies. Our clients range from leading Strategy Houses, all the “Big 4”, a vast range of specialist consultancies, private-equity firms and internal consulting departments within leading FTSE/Fortune organisations and banks..
Consulting Point work globally fulfilling consultancy assignments in countries like The UK, Germany, France, Sweden, Netherlands Italy, Switzerland, UAE, Saudi Arabia, China, Singapore, Kenya, South Africa, US, Canada and Australia. We recruit at all levels from graduate to Global Partner and C-Level for both permanent and interim roles. Although we were only established in 2003 we have attained industry recognition including being voted “Top UK Management Consultancy Recruitment Firm” in, 2014, 2015 & 2016, “Top UK Individual Recruiter of the Year for 5 years in a row - 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 & 2016 and acknowledged as having the greatest Candidate Reach in Management Consulting than any other UK Recruitment Firm
NB: Consulting Point Search is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy