Our client is looking for an exceptional candidate to join as a programme manager in their financial team. The successful candidate will lead the programme management of their partnership with an advice service and organisations in the private and public sectors.
They welcome applicants with proven success and relevant qualifications in all project and programme methodologies including Agile, Prince 2 and APM. They are particularly keen to hear from candidates who would be confident in using their success and qualifications in an Agile methodology to train colleagues from across the organisation to work in an Agile environment.
This role will be filled by someone who has proven experience of project and programme delivery, particularly in a fintech or similar organisation. This means that you will have successfully planned, monitored and reported on complex projects with a significant budget, multiple organisations and several dedicated staff members in the past. You will take the lead in establishing new ways of working, and training your colleagues to deliver on the job. Experience working with a diverse group of people with different organisational cultures and ways of working is vital, as are relationship management skills.
Roles and Responsibilities
As the Programme Manager you will drive the successful delivery of an area lancluding major projects working with public and private organisations. For candidates who can offer Agile experience and qualifications you will be asked to upskill colleagues from across this areaand other project partners.
The Programme Manager will be responsible for coordinating all the parties to deliver projects to time and to budget. The Programme Manager will provide detailed updates on agreed timescales to all stakeholders on progress, key milestones, risks, budgeting and resource. The Programme Manager may be co-located with partners 1-2 days a week to provide more regular and informal updates.
As Programme Manager you will:
- Engage with a diverse group of partners from multiple organisations with a range of diverse cultures to ensure programme and project deliverables are delivered on time and in line with the agreed goals and outcomes for the programme;
- Manage relationships with partners by adhering to their reporting requirements on time, budget and any other information requested;
- Work with the programme lead to assemble, coordinate and allocate staff from the various organisations;
- Work with the programme lead to manage the programme budget;
- Identify and manage programme level risks, supporting project leads to do this at a project level and feed this into programme level risks;
- Manage sub-contractors to ensure products are delivered on time and to budget; and
- Pro-actively seek out appropriate opportunities with public, private and third sector funders for further inancial behaviour research projects.
- (where candidates are able) Introduce Agile working methods to financial behaviour research projects and programmes; and
- (where candidates are able) Upskill your colleagues aand in our partners to work using Agile methods.
- Proven experience in setting up and delivering projects and programmes using Prince 2, APM or Agile working methods (e.g. Scrum, Extreme Programming, Kanban);
- Prince 2, APM, or Agile certifications such as Certified Scrum Master (CSM), Agile Coaching certification or Kanban Professional;
- The ability and confidence to teach these methods to your colleagues in training time and our business as usual operations;
- Proven experience of delivering complex business focused projects with multiple stakeholders;
- Client management experience;
- Proven experience in managing and facilitating collaborative working across a number of teams and organisations;
- Ability to plan and manage budgets, to understand budgetary impacts of work within projects and broader programmes;
- Strong communication and collaboration skills, adept at driving forward change and dealing with challenging groups of stakeholders; and
- Strong facilitation and negotiation skills.
- Experience of product development projects, particularly in a fintech or public/private financial services provider;
- A good understanding of the operational requirements for field research programmes; and
- Ability to support the design and implementation of rigorous evaluations including, but not limited to, randomised controlled trials.
Please send your CV to email@example.com
To apply by email to this position, please send your CV and covering letter to the following link:firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting reference number:TC001
NB: Mindbench is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy