Sales – Soft Commodities Products
Our client is one of Europe’s leading providers of independent research derived from the analysis of satellite imagery, delivering these differentiated insights as investment research to the finance sector, as business intelligence for corporate clients and providing loss estimation and claims analysis services for the insurance industry. They were established in 2012 with a vision to harness the full potential of earth observation in order to answer some of the toughest questions relating to the when’s, where’s and how much, that business’ face on a daily basis. By deriving real-world, actionable intelligence from images captured by satellites, aircraft and drones, they provide our insurance and capital markets clients with the timely and vital information that they need to support better risk analysis and trading decisions.
They take particular pride in cultivating a hardworking, forward-thinking and rewarded workforce by promoting personal and professional progression, by supporting staff training and by ensuring our employees maintain a healthy work-life balance. So if you have a passion for the tech industry, a flair for sales and the desire to become a leader in your field, we want to hear from you.
In order to further grow their business, they are recruiting for a highly experienced sales executive with knowledge of the soft commodities sector.
- Generating new business targeting companies involved in the global soft commodities trade; focussing initially on wheat and palm oil.
- Lead the identification of new sales opportunities, and managing the process from initial contact to deal closure.
- Expand their potential client pool through networking, event and conference attendance and by drawing upon your existing network.
- Support the formation of our products sales strategies.
As a senior member of the sales team you have experience of either selling information products into financial markets, or working in a soft commodities (ideally wheat) trading environment and be able to demonstrate the following:
- Success in selling soft commodity information products across the sector, with direct experience in at least three of our key markets; the Capital Markets, Commodity Funds, Commodity Trading Majors, Commodity Corporates, Growers, Crop Production and Marketing Companies, Farming Associations and Government Institutions.
- Proven track record of generating a new business pipeline and hitting sales targets.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Highly organised and able to work under pressure.
- Strong client management skills across the sales process.
- Previous exposure to Earth Observation, Geo-information, Information Technology, Weather data products, independent research reports, or similar industries would be a benefit.
- Experience of conducting market research an advantage.
You will be based in our City of London sales office, on Bury Street near ‘The Gherkin’, with occasional visits to our production office in Coleshill, Birmingham. You will also be required to undertake overseas travel to client offices.
- Competitive salary
- Commission package
- Attractive bonus scheme
- Flexile and remote working
- Fitness Memberships
- Ride to work scheme
- Work from home allowances
- Team building days
- Training and development
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply by email to this position, please send your CV and covering letter to the following link:email@example.com
NB: Mindbench is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy