Our client is a specialist global insights and research firm. They help professional services organsiations to improve how they go to market and develop relationships with their clients. This role is in the market trends area of their business, contributing to the production of a suite of reports on the professional services industry, particularly management consulting. Specialising in particular regions and sectors, you will also be asked to present your work to the leaders of professional services firms around the world.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Writing: Write reports in Word that conform to our client's house style and uphold the integrity of our research using qualitative and/or quantitative data, but which also shimmer with personality and brilliance.
- Analysis: Make sense of large amounts of data (both qualitative and quantitative) and tease out the stories and trends hidden within it. It is crucial to have a good understanding of the professional services market, including sector-wide trends and what’s going on in specific firms.
- Presentations: Create presentations for clients and answer their questions. You need to be comfortable using PowerPoint to create engaging and informative presentations and delivering these to audiences of all shapes and sizes.
- Blogging: Write blogs that entertain and entice our readership.
- Interviews: Conduct research interviews, typically with either consulting firms or their clients, over the telephone or face to face. You’ll be expected to take notes, write them up and process them according to whatever system we have in place for doing so at the time.
- Reviewing: Occasionally we might need you to review, sense-check, or edit other people’s reports.
This is the sort of person they need:
You are a highly analytical person capable of finding stories within large amounts of data, and with an ability to translate them into insightful and compelling reports. You excel at putting arguments together in a written form and you like anticipating and answering your reader’s questions. You have the resilience to be involved in an intense area of their business--they publish around 25 Market Trends reports a year-- and you also relish the opportunity to present your work to clients.
Whether you see yourself as a management consultant with a strong interest in writing, or a writer with a strong interest in consulting, you will need to have experience doing analysis and/or writing, including some time in the professional services industry.
They want their organisation to consist of people who:
- Are generous with their time in order to help each other (and our customers) succeed
- Take the wheel when needed
- Have a positive attitude
- Can always be objective and honest
- Keep an eye on the future
- Are always professional
- Have a sense of fairness
- Trust each other
- Ask, listen and hear
- Are approachable
- Are curious, and who want to learn
- Are constantly looking for ways to improve things (products and processes)
- Develop products we can be proud of
- Have an intuitive sense of what’s important
- Demonstrate leadership by example
- Laugh a lot
The role is based in Central London. There is also the option to work from home some of the time, and the hours are reasonable (much less than the typically long consulting hours).
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply by email to this position, please send your CV and covering letter to the following link:email@example.comTCMarket Analyst Insights
NB: Mindbench is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy