Senior Manager, Consultant Team
This is a great opportunity for an individual with a background in top-tier management consulting to help drive the “people-engine” of the most successful independent consultant firm in the world. The role involves interviewing highly qualified former senior consultants to determine the fit between their background and experience, and our demand on projects.
Our client is redefining management consulting. We support clients to resolve their most pressing issues of strategy, operations and organisation. Working with a group of 500+ independent consultants of the highest calibre, we have pioneered an approach that delivers tangible impact, client ownership, experienced teams and great value. From their offices in London, Amsterdam and Zurich, they have over the last 15 years delivered over 1,200 projects for over 300 clients across 5 continents, including a third of the UK’s FTSE 100, a third of the world’s largest private equity houses and 50 of the global Fortune 500. 85% of their work is for clients choosing to work with us again.
Their consultants have studied and worked at world-class institutions. Clients are impressed not only by the skills, experience and raw smarts of consultants, but also by their personality and commitment. They opt in to every project and focus on delivering great results, released from the internal demands of their traditional consulting firms. They respond to their clients’ issues by listening and, as appropriate, translating these challenges into thoughtfully scoped projects. We shape teams with only the most relevant expertise and fit and support our consultants closely as they carry out the projects. And supported by our low cost base, we focus on delivering great value.
They are making consulting better for clients and for consultants. For this, they have been recognized with features in Harvard Business Review, The Economist, the Financial Times, Het Financieele Dagblad and WirtschaftsWoche, and by leading academics at Harvard Business School and London Business School.
They are looking for someone to join the team for 6 – 12 months and help deliver a critical aspect of the work we do, meeting former consultants who want to join their pool and determining in what circumstances they could best work with them. Through a mix of telephone screens and face to face meetings you will represent the client with prospective consultants and determine where and how we might best work with them. The role will suit someone with a background in consulting and an understanding of what it takes to be successful at each level, allied with a passion for understanding people and what motivates them. The bar to join a client project is high and depends on having relevant sector and functional knowledge, as well as a fit with the culture and consulting capabilities we bring to our clients. Their consultants are not employed by them, they have many choices and their success depends as much on projects being rewarding for them, as being impactful for their clients. Delivering outstanding teams involves building relationships with their consultants which are based on trust. Their reputation depends on the calibre of the consultants on their teams – so you will be pivotal in delivering our winning proposition to clients.
The delivery of the role is very flexible and can include a mix of working at home and coming into the office for specific meetings. Overall they are looking for a commitment of 2 – 3 days per week delivered either in full or part days.
Required experience and attributes
- Solid consulting experience with a major international strategy consulting firm.
- A talent for understanding, connecting with and assessing people – not only in relation to the strength of their core consultant skill sets, but also in terms of what motivates them and what they love doing
- A strong relationship builder and a persuasive ambassador for new ideas, who is curious about people, empathetic and energized by engaging with others
- Track record in interviewing, either in consulting and/or line roles
- Naturally collaborative and motivated to help others be successful
- A creative problem solver, who enjoys the challenge of many variables
- An awareness of consulting approaches across multiple sectors and functional areas, including strategy, operational improvement, organisation
- Fluent, structured and compelling communications style, both verbally and in writing
- Committed to excellence in all aspects of what they do
- Fluent English is a must, German is a welcome plus
Please send your CV to email@example.com
To apply by email to this position, please send your CV and covering letter to the following link:firstname.lastname@example.org@mindbench.co.ukTC001
NB: Mindbench is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy